advertisement

All purpose football thread 20-21 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sale: Allan Saint-Maximin.

"Inspired substitution" my arse - (with Wilson who has also been injured) he's our best attacking player.

Not the result I wanted, but a great game of football. Well done W Ham, and well done to Leicester for making such a comeback. Thanks both for a visual treat.

Looking at the positives for my team, we now seem to have a battle for 2 x CL positions rather than just 1.

Always thought Lingard was treated harshly by supposed experts, seems an excellent footballer to me.

Last edited:
The problem isn’t with VAR, only how it’s used. It is now being used to make a decision, rather than correct a clear and obvious error. If it was used to correct clear and obvious errors, it would work just fine. In the example of the Liverpool goal, the Ref’s Assistant did not give the offside, the error was not clear and obvious, so the Ref’s Assistant’s decision should stand and a goal given. If on the other hand the RA did flag for offside, and VAR could not detect a clear and obvious error, RA’s decision would stand, and no goal.

We would have to go back to the Ref’s Assistant raising their flag at the time of the infringement rather than waiting, but that’s a small and very doable thing

fine, but neither example was offside, the player allegedly guilty being behind ? The error was with the line drawing, makes the game a farce

Mourinho has to go, now. But I fear Daniel Levy has too much invested in him, so we lose Kane and Son this summer.
Don't know who we can get instead of the miserable bastard though. Maybe steal another manager from Southampton? Worked out pretty well last time...

Utd have been a revelation this season, especially after giving teams a goal start, good job they’re inconsistent at home or City wouldn’t be top

Mourinho has to go, now. But I fear Daniel Levy has too much invested in him, so we lose Kane and Son this summer.
Don't know who we can get instead of the miserable bastard though. Maybe steal another manager from Southampton? Worked out pretty well last time...

When thing go wrong at Spurs, the first tool Levy reaches for is a new manager, so I think Mourinho's days are numbered. But will Levy persuade Nagelsmann to come to Tottenham?

VAR has made rugby and cricket better. Wonder why it doesn't seem to work for football...
Different game & the media is far more hysterical around football. Technology generally works in Cricket & Rugby although I dislike the way Union is going.

In many ways top level football deserves VAR, there is so much negativity about referees making mistakes & general nastiness.

^ plenty of hysterics on the field too. Acting ability as important as football skills. I'm watching less and less.
Much more respect for rugby refs and cricket umpires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back