advertisement

Aktiv crossover frequencies ?

Hi all;
1st post, so be gentle with me!

Does anyone here know the crossover frequencies for an Aktiv crossover, when used with Linn Isobariks ?
Also, how many db / octave ins the crossover supposed to be ?

Speakers / crossover are both from around 1990, if that makes any difference.

Thanks

David Willis

p.s. Bingo for sale – any offers ?

The Isobarik Aktiv manual can be downloaded from http://www.linn.co.uk/ go to customer service and look it up. I don't think a direct link is allowed.

Anyway,

Bass to Mid, 200Hz Second Order.
Mid to High, 2700Hz Fourth Order.

But there's some other magic going on with bass delay lines and the like.

What's wrong with Bingo?

Paul

Hi Paul - thanks for the figures
They tie up exactly with what I've measured - just didn't believe what I was seeing !

Nothing wrong with the Bingo per se, other than the +20dB gain @10Hz is too much for my liking !

David

I'm intrigued to know why you didn't believe it?

I have a Bingoed Aktiv and I do think it makes the bass more difficult to handle, OTOH it's easy to tell whether there is actually any bass there or not....

Paul

Paul - having just removed the Bingo from the Aktiv, there was the first buffer stage missing on the Aktiv pcb.
After a bit of calculation I took my best guess at was what was required & fitted it. When I ran the Aktiv through an AP Cascade to check the response, I was suprised to see the bas to mid x-over being so low in frequency (I was expecting more around 315Hz), and was expecting a higher order slope from the mid to bass transition - at 50Hz, the mid is only 10dB down !

I have a rather lively bass pronounced room, and without the Bingo, it sounds just fine to my ears !

David

advertisement

Back