advertisement

Aiwa amplifier

nbaptista

pfm Member
I have an Aiwa amplifier from 90's that was a bit expensive at the time, it has a phono socket.Should I repair it for an hundred Euros?

They made some very nice cassette decks

Might get a better idea if you gave the model number of the amp?

If it is otherwise working except the phono stage, and you like the sound. I'd be tempted to try and find a cheap phono stage to plug in to the aux input.

I'm presuming the aux input will take a standard 2v output from a modern phono stage. You should check that somehow first.

Bit more info here too:

Or as above. You could buy a cheap phono stage and plug it it, that’ll work as well for less money.

If it is otherwise working except the phono stage, and you like the sound. I'd be tempted to try and find a cheap phono stage to plug in to the aux input.

I'm presuming the aux input will take a standard 2v output from a modern phono stage. You should check that somehow first.

Bit more info here too:

It would do, it wouldn’t be that high anyway.

Edited - input sensitivity is showing as 150mv on the Aiwa, a Pro-ject phono box lists typical output as 300mv.. is that likely to be ok (I would think it would)

The amplifier needs a microprocessor and I can't find it on the market...Without the microprocessor the amplifier doesn't start.

If you can get it repaired for 100 euros (which you indicated in your 1st post) and you like the receiver, then get it repaired. Bear in mind that for its age, it may also need a service and whether you're prepared to pay for that as well.

If you can get it repaired for 100 euros (which you indicated in your 1st post) and you like the receiver, then get it repaired. Bear in mind that for its age, it may also need a service and whether you're prepared to pay for that as well.
Yes, I asked to be repaired, but the guy told me it can`t repair it because couldn´t find the microprocessor.

advertisement

Back