advertisement

Advice for Faulty Audiolab M-One Amplifier

Oliver Burke

Hi,

I bought an Audiolab M-One amplifier in september 2018 from audiovisual.co.uk. Thought I had got good bargain at £400, but unfortunately the unit is faulty:

-Responds differently to remote inputs (eg. turning off instead of changing source)
-Changes source or turns itself without remote input
-Right speaker has recently started to go silent and crackle intermittently
-On a few occasions the unit has switched to max volume without any input (fairly terrifying!)

I'm using it to power B&W 685 speakers and sources include turntable via phono stage, bluetooth and optical input.

I sent the unit back to audiovisualonline last year, but they reported that they did not detect a fault (absolutely possible, but pretty annoying). Was wondering if anyone has any idea of what may cause this or be able to recommend somewhere to get it fixed? I live in the Netherlands now, but could potentially post it back to the UK.

Happy with the amp other than the faults described so would be great to get it fixed. Would also consider selling to someone who felt like they would be able to repair it.

Thanks for reading,
Olly

Hi Wine Man, Thanks for the advice, I'll contact them and see if they offer a repair service. Will also get onto Audiolab directly to ask about the warranty.

Crackling speaker channels could be bulging capacitors which audiolab are known for unfortunately. Find out if opening the unit voids the warranty, if it does not a visual inspection could identify the problem which audiovisual would need to rectify.
As mentioned above audiolab are quite good and fixed an out of warranty qdac for me with bulging caps.

Crackling speaker channels could be bulging capacitors which audiolab are known for unfortunately. Find out if opening the unit voids the warranty, if it does not a visual inspection could identify the problem which audiovisual would need to rectify.
As mentioned above audiolab are quite good and fixed an out of warranty qdac for me with bulging caps.
HI,

Thanks for the advice, I'm in contact with Audiolab about it now.

advertisement

Back