advertisement

Adjusting Quad 606s input sensitivity

John_73

pfm Member
Hi folks.

Having nearly finished my Garrard 301 project, my attention has turned to my Quad systems. I have a Quad 34/606 and a Quad 22/II system. All have been recapped, with a few light tweaks here & there to the Q34.

What I'd like to do is raise the output of the Q34 to 1.6V (easy enough to do and detailed in the manual) so I can use it & its superb in-built phono stage with my Quad IIs over the winter months. I don't want to have to keep changing resistor settings every time I change power amps though, so wish to keep the Q34 at 1.6V output, and see if I can increase the 606s input sensitivity to the same. Is that possible to do without massively changing the basic circuit or making it measure/sound worse in any way?

Thanks,

John.

Thanks for that link Zombie - seems simple enough.
Curious whether this change is ok to do though, or whether it might unbalance some other circuit parameter?

It's fine to do, and gives you a technically better (although insignificant in real terms) amplifier.

It's fine to do, and gives you a technically better (although insignificant in real terms) amplifier.

Thanks Robert - it's a really handy mod as it means I can use the Quad 34 with both the Quad IIs and the 606 without any further changes ever needed. Win-win :)

Cheers,

John.

advertisement

Back