advertisement

Addis pads - probably the greatest single upgrade ever…in the world!

I appreciate the offer. :) I'm sure I've seen my mum using those mats in the kitchen.... I'll go and investigate!

Fwiw, the pads don't do anything with regards to room response - it's all about the interdimensional sound stage and presentation.

If you do end up needing some just let me know :)

Any details on the silicon dots? Nearest I can find are 6mm diameter 2mm high. I have some 8mm x 3mm.

The ones I use I bought from a pound shop 10 years ago or something like that. It's really hard to say whether they're made of vinyl or silicone or rubber or whatever. I think they're about 5mm across and 2 or 3mm tall. I'll measure them tomorrow when I get home from work.

Having tried bog standard black rubber feet as well I don't think the type of bumper matters too much, although the big chunky rubber feet that came with my Tannoys seemed to suck a bit of life out the music so I'd stick with small bumpers/rubber feet.

Last edited:
There are so many different models of Addis sink mats, square, transparent irregular shapes etc. etc. Are yours solid material ? or hollowed out underneath?

I’ve been a fan of felt furniture pads (e.g. these) for a long while now. I far prefer them as an interface between stand and speaker than Blu-Tac, cones, spikes etc. I’ll try and remember to grab some of these Addis pads, I think there is a B&M locally!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I’ve been a fan of felt furniture pads (e.g. these) for a long while now. I far prefer them as an interface between stand and speaker than Blu-Tac, cones, spikes etc. I’ll try and remember to grab some of these Addis pads, I think there is a B&M locally!

I'd been using felt pads beneath my Tannoys for a good while and I only began experimenting with other interfaces to see if I could still get a good sound but with less energy going into the floor as I live in a top flat of a sandstone tenement. It's literally a total fluke that I saw the pads when I was in B&M and thought that might work. I reckon if you put this combo under your big speakers there's a good chance you'll open up a wormhole to 1959 when Miles Davis dropped Kind of Blue.

Indeed, when I listened to Kind of Blue the other day I had the thought that I was listening to 1959 just as much as I was listening to the album itself. Like I say, it's crazy talk but it's how it sounds.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I'm defo willing to give some Addis pads away - I offered to give some to @ToTo Man earlier as I think he lives in the southside of Glasgow as well. Same goes for other southside fishes :)

I've only got 4 sticky-on bumpers left however, so I'm saving them for myself. I might put a set under my guitar amplifier and see how that goes.

Another southsider here. Didn't realise there were so many of us!

+1 for the Sonic Design pads. In the great audiophile scheme of things not that expensive, I seem to remember paying a tenner for 4, it may even have been for all 8 and the clarity they brought to the bass was quite remarkable. The only problem is I'm not sure how easy they are to get hold of these days.

I reckon if you put this combo under your big speakers there's a good chance you'll open up a wormhole to 1959 when Miles Davis dropped Kind of Blue.

Ok ok, let's tone the hyperbol down just a tad? It's not that I don't beleive that putting a blob of silicone under your speakers can have such a monumental effect...no actually it is that ;0)

Ok ok, let's tone the hyperbol down just a tad? It's not that I don't beleive that putting a blob of silicone under your speakers can have such a monumental effect...no actually it is that ;0)

I know, there's no actual transportation going on... but it sure feels like it. Maybe it's like what happens in the film Contact: the ship drops straight into the net but the audio recording lasts for 90 minutes. It goes without saying I've got 8 pads set aside for you should you wish to try them under your briks :)

FWIW my Linn Saras have 4 dots of blu tac between them and the stands. Over the years the grip has become so good that when I lift the speakers the stands come with them :eek:.

FWIW my Linn Saras have 4 dots of blu tac between them and the stands. Over the years the grip has become so good that when I lift the speakers the stands come with them :eek:.

You have to be careful with blutac! Years ago I had a rather nice pair of KEF Raymond Cooke Edition LS3/5as, which I'd fixed to the stands with blutac. Unknown to me, someone else tried to lift the speakers off the stands, and the lovely rosewood veneer on the bottom corners ripped right off. :(

I know, there's no actual transportation going on... but it sure feels like it. Maybe it's like what happens in the film Contact: the ship drops straight into the net but the audio recording lasts for 90 minutes. It goes without saying I've got 8 pads set aside for you should you wish to try them under your briks :)
Maybe it’s the unsuspected brilliance of the ADDIS hifi pads or the fact that you’re using something that decouples as opposed to spikes that couple. Spiking everything is a nonsense but somehow took hold, and is very cheap for the manufacturer.

Maybe it’s the unsuspected brilliance of the ADDIS hifi pads or the fact that you’re using something that decouples as opposed to spikes that couple. Spiking everything is a nonsense but somehow took hold, and is very cheap for the manufacturer.

I don't know for sure. The small bumpers didn't have much of an effect when I tried them under my speakers. It might well be that the Addis compound has extraordinary absorption capabilities. I guess really don't know why the pads are so transformative, but I ain't complaining:)

advertisement

Back