advertisement

ADAM Audio Tensor Delta's & Lavry DA11.

you can adjust each driver and then total room EQ by 80 Hz/±6 dB

Frequency response: ±3 dB 32 Hz - 50 kHz
Crossover frequencies: 800 / 2800 Hz

Delta-amppack.jpg

I've not tried any, i don't have any measuring kit - yet and it's advised not to unless you have.

Also another neat feature, is in the pic you can just see a little switch next to the XLR input, this allows the speaker to go into standy automatically when its not had a signal for 15+ mins.

The Eton Bass drivers are reasonably priced, instead of buying some stands you could get some sub/stands made and turn them into the beta version!

20101021165343737.jpg

IMG_0272Custom.jpg

12-680-62hex.gif

12 inchers, £360 each!

Don't get me started on dual subs mate .. i want to stop ... i must stop ... spending. Should buy a car or take the family on a nice break instead.

Hi, I'm quite surprised that you prefer the sound of these Aadams to the ATC 50's, I heard these Adam Audio Delta's in Cornflake Hifi along with a pair of ATC SCM40's which were not active, I genuinely preferred the sound of the ATC's.
We listened for about an hour and the guy at cornflake swtiched back and forth bewtween the two speakers about 4 to 5 times and each time we were both impressed with the ATC's, I'm not sure if the ATC's were fed from better amps however I would've thought that the active route sounds better than the passive. But I'm sure an hour demo does not mean alot, only when you live a pair of speakers do you really know them. They really do look the part though, enjoy.

Cheers Mas. I find the Delta's more musical with better clarity and dynamics. When did you have this dem. I ask because IIRC, the first Tensor range were all class D amps, and a year or so ago they changed to a mixture of class D and A/B.

I used to buy from the Cornflake shop too (lived in SW7 about 14 years ago), are they still on Windmill Street??/up Tottenham Court Road.?

PS, Had a chance on a HDR yet :)

Hey Raj,

I listened o the Adams in Cornflake about a year ago I think, That makes sense as I've been told by ATC to steer very clear of Class D amps, as according to ATC they sound very harsh and that's why they don't use them in studios, They also mentioned that class D can sound fine with the bass woofers and subs but not anything else. Not very helpfull for me as my amp is a PS Audio class D!

I think Adam Audio may have realised this also and changed their amps from Class D to A/B where it matters.

regarding the Benchmark DAc, I was still still loooking for the Lavry DA11 until I read this forum and found out that you've got your hands on one now.

Happy listening and keep in touch.

Anyhow, any more ADAM users on PFM? Tensor users in particular ...

I just purchased a pair of the Delta's semi-actives after some listening and reading....I can't believe these speakers are not getting more press or exposure but then again I don't see any advertising for them either, not in the US anyway. I was curious about the comments made by some on how they chose a DAC based on the Delta's amps, something about whether the DAC should be smps vs ps? I would have liked to get the fully active but had already purchased an ARCAM AVR600 which drives the tweeter/midrange.
Although they are still in the break-in period they sound incredible! I am currently using my Def Tech Supercube II for a subwoofer but have my eye on the JL Audio Fathom f110 to add....

That makes sense as I've been told by ATC to steer very clear of Class D amps, as according to ATC they sound very harsh and that's why they don't use them in studios,
What a load of old tosh

I just purchased a pair of the Delta's semi-actives after some listening and reading....I can't believe these speakers are not getting more press or exposure but then again I don't see any advertising for them either, not in the US anyway. I was curious about the comments made by some on how they chose a DAC based on the Delta's amps, something about whether the DAC should be smps vs ps? I would have liked to get the fully active but had already purchased an ARCAM AVR600 which drives the tweeter/midrange.
Although they are still in the break-in period they sound incredible! I am currently using my Def Tech Supercube II for a subwoofer but have my eye on the JL Audio Fathom f110 to add....

Congrats, they're special hey.... was me who put the SMPS'v'PS thingy forward. There's no real tested logic or anything, it's just my own personal assumption and preferences.

I doubt it really makes any measurable difference to be honest, logic hey...

PS, what did you dem them against, if anything??

Do you think it's likely they wouldn't prefer to use amps that are less expensive to implement if they thought they sounded as good? I don't for one minute think ATC are at the bleeding edge of amp design and their class D experience is probably largely third party, so probably not too far from true. There are some stinkers out there, IMHO.

Congrats, they're special hey.... was me who put the SMPS'v'PS thingy forward. There's no real tested logic or anything, it's just my own personal assumption and preferences.

I doubt it really makes any measurable difference to be honest, logic hey...

PS, what did you dem them against, if anything??

I demoed them against the Wilson Sophias which got great reviews and also had listened to some others over time. I just thought the Deltas sounded truer, cleaner and especially faster. They were slightly less expensive as well and I already had a sub to use with them. I do wish I had demoed a few more but I think I made an excellent choice. Have you compared them to others within their price range?
Thanks for the info on the DAC; I am thinking about upgrading my DAC Magic and was curious about the Benchmark, Moon and some others....

Good to see another Adam tensor user...
As was mentioned I have a pair of epsilons ... I personally think they are quite remarkable, I'm as pleased with my set up now as I ever would have wanted to be and for the first time have no desire to upgrade... It's a good feeling!!

Good to see another Adam tensor user...
As was mentioned I have a pair of epsilons ... I personally think they are quite remarkable, I'm as pleased with my set up now as I ever would have wanted to be and for the first time have no desire to upgrade... It's a good feeling!!

I agree; for once I think I am finally satisfied with my set up and definitely with my speakers. I haven't played with the adjustments too much but it's nice that the speakers allow you to adjust the bass, treble and even room EQ.

advertisement

Back