advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

We seem to have gone from "I can't turn on the phone because it's full of Russian spyware that could infect anything in a 5 mile radius" to "Oh dear, I've forgotten the passcode.."

If this is actually true and no one can access a government phone without a passcode only known by it's user it raises all kinds of questions around audit and compliance. Astonishing if this is how government devices are actually set up.

As ever with Johnson criminality should be assumed and the phone retrieved and treated the way it would for any gangster, drug-dealer, foreign asset etc.

The state of this odious pillock https://conservativehome.com/2015/09/09/stanley-johnson-why-britain-needs-a-population-policy/

His son is the one who desperately needs a population policy. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, was the mystery orange confetti woman another dead cat? Was able to get right up to the unhappy couple, was not part of JSO, yet no press interest to find out who she was.
Without wishing to go down a conspiracist rabbit hole, this interests me too.

I mean, the press is usually laser-focused when it comes to holding members of the public to account for minor transgressions, or merely getting in the way of big, important people like George Osborne.

Yet, there appears to be zero curiosity about who this person is, and why she did it. This despite the fact that when JSO was thought to be responsible, it was condemned as oneog the most heinous acts imaginable (even worse than implementing policies that killed hundreds of thoisands of poor and disabled people).

Like I say, I don't think there's a dark conspiracy going on, but it's all a bit odd.

We seem to have gone from "I can't turn on the phone because it's full of Russian spyware that could infect anything in a 5 mile radius" to "Oh dear, I've forgotten the passcode.."

If this is actually true and no one can access a government phone without a passcode only known by it's user it raises all kinds of questions around audit and compliance. Astonishing if this is how government devices are actually set up.
I'm astonished no 10 are issuing devices with WhatsApp on and it's being used for official communications.

Does make me wonder if this might be a personal device, especially as it was carrying a number he's been using for ages.

I guess it's quite hard to make Tory ministers and prime ministers follow SOPs.

I'm astonished no 10 are issuing devices with WhatsApp on and it's being used for official communications.

Does make me wonder if this might be a personal device, especially as it was carrying a number he's been using for ages.

Rishi said lessons have been learned. They’re moving over to Tik Tok.

It’s probably a walled garden for govt apps but otherwise open for personal apps. The issue is almost certainly people not tech. He will have breached some policy I’ll bet, along with the rest of them.

It’s probably a walled garden for govt apps but otherwise open for personal apps. The issue is almost certainly people not tech. He will have breached some policy I’ll bet, along with the rest of them.
Yes this very issue was raised by the civil service previously- that Johnson, Gove and others were deliberately bypassing formal communication channels of which a permanent record is kept and communicating with each other, MPs and individuals outside Westminster using methods capable of avoiding scrutiny.

Given that Johnson is a lazy, disorganised and dishonest individual with a known contempt for rules that others conform to, he should rightly be regarded as a national security risk on a grand scale. Not unlike his namesake, the real Donald Trump.

Yes this very issue was raised by the civil service previously- that Johnson, Gove and others were deliberately bypassing formal communication channels of which a permanent record is kept and communicating with each other, MPs and individuals outside Westminster using methods capable of avoiding scrutiny.

Given that Johnson is a lazy, disorganised and dishonest individual with a known contempt for rules that others conform to, he should rightly be regarded as a national security risk on a grand scale. Not unlike his namesake, the real Donald Trump.

He is. Yet little is done about him. I wonder why not. . .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/mi5-boris-johnson-security-partygate-b2003666.html

'Call comes after allegation that prime minister left top-secret documents lying around when visitors came to his flat.'

John

advertisement

Back