advertisement

A modest Accuphase or Luxmann integrated?

In what way?
I have to remember what my dealer said, but it was something like, more accurate and fast - but there were a few other comparisons used (I'm terrible with audiophile adjectives and descriptors.) He said that the E-280 will sound a little different than the E-380 even though the 280 came out only a year later, and that he expects the slight change will be consistent as new models are released. I will be able to hear the new E-700 soon which will be interesting - 35w of Class A into 8 ohms.

Regarding voltage conversion: From the threads I have read on the subject, it is not a trivial exercise to switch the voltage internally. Most people that go down that path use a step down transformer. The prices for Japan sourced amplifiers are not particularly interesting to justify the hassle. From what I can see the ebay prices from Japan based sellers are the same if not more than the local market.

Been a few accuphase in classifieds that stuck , i think because they were sourced in europe which serms to put people off

One of those was my old amp, a relative bargain for a 6 year old class A power amp. The E270 I bought a couple of years ago also languished on the classifieds for quite a while despite having UK provenance. I think its just a factor of being an expensive and relatively low volume brand where few people have direct experience.

These amps have such a strong reputation for reliability that I would not be put off by a non-UK 230V unit as long as the price is significantly lower to compensate.

At the risk of driving this slightly off topic .

Yamaha's all in one boxes fits the bill perfectly and I bet they sound pretty good too .

Maybe worth checking the RN1000 or RN2000 .

Regarding voltage conversion: From the threads I have read on the subject, it is not a trivial exercise to switch the voltage internally. Most people that go down that path use a step down transformer. The prices for Japan sourced amplifiers are not particularly interesting to justify the hassle. From what I can see the ebay prices from Japan based sellers are the same if not more than the local market.

Is it more than swapping a few wires around? That’s the way it was in the past. Even then, one had to know which wires and where…

NORWEGIANSOUND.jpg

I have owned E202,E303,P300 and borrowed a more modern [E213 I think].E305 is the best out of those.
There are Chinese copies of just the power amp section which are pretty cheap.

advertisement

Back