advertisement

A Heads Up For All Chord QBD76 DAC Owners.

There will be no upgrades for it Ever.
The same thing Chord said at the Bristol show before last.
So if you have dealers telling you different?
They are 100% wrong in doing this.
I just got this from the horses mouth,The Chord factory in Maidstone Kent while trying to sort out a home dem of the new black integrated amp with built in DAC.
What they did say was the Munich Hi End Audio show might be interesting.

Are you talking about the QBD76 or the QBD76HDSD?

There will be no upgrades for it Ever.
The same thing Chord said at the Bristol show before last.
So if you have dealers telling you different?
They are 100% wrong in doing this.
I just got this from the horses mouth,The Chord factory in Maidstone Kent.
What they did say was the Munich Hi End Audio show might be interesting.

They're launching the QBD replacement claimed to take their current DAC designs to whole new level. Now that should indeed be interesting.
I didn't say they were launching anything.
All Chord would say is the Munich show will be interesting.
As it is most years.

I didn't say they were launching anything.
All Chord would say is the Munich show will be interesting.
As it is most years.

Yes, I'm sure the Munich show is always interesting :) Rob Watts has said on another forum that "Project xxxx" (the QBD replacement) will be launched at Munich and he seems rather excited about it.

Yes, I'm sure the Munich show is always interesting :) Rob Watts has said on another forum that "Project xxxx" (the QBD replacement) will be launched at Munich and he seems rather excited about it.
Well the factory were saying nothing yesterday.
Do you really know what project xxxx is?
So it will be even more interesting then???

Well the factory were saying nothing yesterday.
Do you really know what project xxxx is?

I'm going entirely on what Rob Watts himself has said on Head-Fi. There are at least three threads he participates on, Hugo, TT and 2Qute. Interestingly he's removed a recent long post on the 2Qute thread where he talked excitedly about the thinking behind the design of the 3 DACS and gave some insight into how Project xxxx would take performance to a whole new level.

In any event, there are still quite a few posts where he mentions the project and that it will be launched at Munich. He also mentions somewhere that it will be more expensive than the outgoing QBD.

I recently heard a figure of £7K being bandied about as the likely cost for the new QBD.

advertisement

Back