advertisement

5d mkii

Verty nice pic Cliff, but am I the only one who thinks the handle on the Aga lid looks odd.

Verty nice pic Cliff, but am I the only one who thinks the handle on the Aga lid looks odd.

Yeah I think that, being shiny, it got a tad overexposed from reflecting the ceiling lights. Perhaps I need to upgrade to the F0.95 Noctilust

The sensor in the 5D has a really nice quality for photographs :)

blog.newsok.com-2.jpg

Could have sworn she was using a 1Ds mk3 for that shoot muz.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it about the images from the 5D II that make you say "...aa filter that is way too heavy" and what size images are you looking at ?

Or are you just trolling ?

Could have sworn she was using a 1Ds mk3 for that shoot muz.

You are of course correct! :)

that's why i wrote
"The sensor in the 5D has a really nice quality for photographs."

Sensor is pretty much the same image quality wise in my experience, i certainly couldn't tell the difference in a blind test! ;)

You are of course correct! :)

that's why i wrote
"The sensor in the 5D has a really nice quality for photographs."

Sensor is pretty much the same image quality wise in my experience, i certainly couldn't tell the difference in a blind test! ;)

Ah, i see what you did now. ;)

I think the 5D mk2 will go down as one of the all time classics for it's image quality esp at it's price point.

Hoping to pick up a deal on one at Focus next week. :cool:

Ah, i see what you did now. ;)

I think the 5D mk2 will go down as one of the all time classics for it's image quality esp at it's price point.

Your dead right. Im not a 'gear' type of person. But i was looking at a RED movie camera at £18,000 before and thinking that's fairly cheap for a movie camera compared to an Arriflex or something where film and processing cost soon mounts up (if you want to make a movie that is!)

Six months later Canon came out with the 5DmkII, which had comparable image quality (if not better in low light) for £16,000 less!
Now anyone can shoot a movie with a really fantastic aesthetic, its completely democratised film making IMO and that's remarkable. Not to mention the fact that the photographic images it produces look like they've been shot on a 6x9 film camera or 5x4. Not bad for £1600(ish).

There are no limits anymore, only your own hard work and imagination. :cool:
Or to put it another way if the world highest paid photographer (Leibovitz) is using one to photograph the Queen, its probably good enough for most people!

Hope you enjoy (focus) and your new camera :)

I'm no gear head either - just buy what I need to get by for the work. Also looking at getting some Elinchrom lighting for location work. Only have mains powered Bowens heads at the moment. Just got to decide on the Ranger or their Quadra system. Focus is the best time for deals esp with Jacobs. Been a while since I spent on kit - I blame this Hifi lark for that! Haha!

It's easy to overlook the price of the 5D II: there's simply no room for complaint when a camera is that capable and that cheap. Clap a 14-24/2.8 on it, and you can shoot wide angle images like nothing else this side of high end MF at 10-12 times the price.

The combination of this and a 'faster' body still leaves change leftover from a 1 Series equivalent.

The 5D's AF is often maligned, but it's low light accuracy is superb: far better, for instance than the equally mis-touted D700.

It's easy to overlook the price of the 5D II: there's simply no room for complaint when a camera is that capable and that cheap. Clap a 14-24/2.8 on it, and you can shoot wide angle images like nothing else this side of high end MF at 10-12 times the price.

The combination of this and a 'faster' body still leaves change leftover from a 1 Series equivalent.

The 5D's AF is often maligned, but it's low light accuracy is superb: far better, for instance than the equally mis-touted D700.

Great, thanks Item Audio. Can you post some examples showing this superior low light focussing capability of the 5d ii versus the same action scene shot on the D700? Also would this be with AF illumination turned off on both?

I tried a 5D II and preferred the image quality of a 1Ds Mark II. Still, plenty disagree so it's horses for courses and all that.

I tried a 5D II and preferred the image quality of a 1Ds Mark II. Still, plenty disagree so it's horses for courses and all that.

Seriously? I've used them both courtesy of two friends and thought the 5D II was good step up in quality of image but the 1 series camera beats it for overall handling and speed of use.

I have a 5D II now but would love a 1Ds MkIII if a used bargain ever came along.

Great, thanks Item Audio. Can you post some examples showing this superior low light focussing capability of the 5d ii versus the same action scene shot on the D700? Also would this be with AF illumination turned off on both?

Difficult, because all the misfocused shots were thrown away! All were AF-illuminated.

advertisement

Back