advertisement

20mph replaces 30mph limit in Wales from Sunday 17th September. Your views

Wow, you are a work of art aren't you? Do you really think barking orders at me like I'm your lackey is going to yield any form of politeness or response?

You’ve made it very clear you’ve zero interest in others views of you so I’m sure you’ll cope. Bottom line?.

Your posts here have a pattern as outlined above. It allows you to pretend posts from others don’t exist and you can just continue to assert away minus anything of substance to back you up. I’m simply reminding you that I posted 7 specific responses to your many unsubstantiated assertions and anyone left reading this thread will have noted how carefully you have avoided addressing any of that by using the pattern I have described.

Posting straw men links or indeed entire straw men posts hasn’t throw me off the track of that. Ad hom attacks haven’t either.

<moderating>

I suggest people calm right down and maybe step away from the thread rather than make dumb or aggressive posts. I’m way, way to busy to deal with this shit at present, so if it doesn’t stop now both posters will be out for a month.

Rather than have to sift through endless pages of this, is it the consensus the idea is a good 'un or a bad 'un.

I don't drive, own a mobile or eat meat so have no need to worry about my carbon footprint & killing folk while at the wheel, but just wondered.

When i was at school one of our class mates owned a motorbike, he was travelling close to the school late at night travelling 15 mph, car hit him at 20mph & killed him, he was 15. Shaun Breese was his name, may he rest in peace.

Rather than have to sift through endless pages of this, is it the consensus the idea is a good 'un or a bad 'un.

I don't drive, own a mobile or eat meat so have no need to worry about my carbon footprint & killing folk while at the wheel, but just wondered.

When i was at school one of our class mates owned a motorbike, he was travelling close to the school late at night travelling 15 mph, car hit him at 20mph & killed him, he was 15. Shaun Breese was his name, may he rest in peace.

Were there a consensus those pages simply wouldn’t exist. There is actually great merit in reading long threads. Lots of perspectives.

On balance as a generally pinko liberal kind of place it is considered, on balance, a good idea. Puffs! Oven ready? Turbo charged, Gerrit done!

I don't have the time to read through this much so thought i would ask.
I think you can reasonably assume that a long thread means no general agreement. If we all agreed, why would there be pages of it. So a summary is: some in favour some not in favour.

You’re welcome.

Mmm - only thing I always try not to think with a motoring thread is that the average motorist on our shores thinking they are the best thing since sliced bread, and are impervious to risk.

I think you can reasonably assume that a long thread means no general agreement. If we all agreed, why would there be pages of it. So a summary is: some in favour some not in favour.

You’re welcome.
I'm in favour but as i said earlier, even at this speed tragedy can happen if someone takes their eye off the ball.

Imagine there were no speed limits, at all, and strict liability for collisions between motor vehicles and other road users. What would happen?

IMO in the last 20 or 30 years the obsession with speed limits and speed enforcement has diluted the responsibility of drivers. In conjunction with the every greater isolation between the driver and the outside world as cars get more technical and 'safer' I think it's not all good.

Looking forward to autonomous low emission vehicles, so we can bin speed limits and get from place to place efficiently without having to waste time steering.

I don't have the time to read through this much so thought i would ask.

I think this remains one of the great internet fallacies. Most threads this long will barely eat fifteen minutes of your life. You will likely spend that much time on the forum anyway. It’s also incredibly enlightening to read from the beginning and it’s amazing how many people post something they believe to be really important that we all possibly missed basically because they joined on page 18 and CBA reading before the top of that page to spot that their really important point had been done to death 5 pages earlier.

A strong view perhaps, because we all have different perceptions of how busy we are and how we use our time, but I tend to the view that it’s massively disrespectful and unhelpful to contribute to a long thread without reading from the beginning. Ultimately people can and will do what they want but you don’t contribute to a book club discussion by reading from chapter 4…

As in all pfm motoring related threads it becomes a 'who is the best driver' thread, but I can't remember who it was so we will have to do it all again.

Well I am usually the best driver and anyway I posted on this thread back when it was cool so I definitely win.

I think this remains one of the great internet fallacies. Most threads this long will barely eat fifteen minutes of your life. You will likely spend that much time on the forum anyway. It’s also incredibly enlightening to read from the beginning and it’s amazing how many people post something they believe to be really important that we all possibly missed basically because they joined on page 18 and CBA reading before the top of that page to spot that their really important point had been done to death 5 pages earlier.

A strong view perhaps, because we all have different perceptions of how busy we are and how we use our time, but I tend to the view that it’s massively disrespectful and unhelpful to contribute to a long thread without reading from the beginning. Ultimately people can and will do what they want but you don’t contribute to a book club discussion by reading from chapter 4…
It's a straight forward question with a straight forward answer.

advertisement

Back