advertisement

£100 bargain.....

Odd....seems the link is now to a ceiling fan. I assume it is some sort of 'scam' to list something at stupid money that no one will buy, thereby reserving a cut price listing that is later edited to something 'real'. His other listings still have 4 or 5 £100 Frazzles bags.....

I assume it is some sort of 'scam' to list something at stupid money that no one will buy, thereby reserving a cut price listing that is later edited to something 'real'.

Entirely routine for serious ebayers. One friend lists single sheets of A4 paper for a few quid each.

I am unsure how that could be described as a scam.

If it was anyone other than the font of all knowledge on everything that is our esteemed Vinny, I might explain why I used quotation marks for 'scam', but as it is....

Define 'serious'.

??????? Self explanatory I would have thought.

People who routinely list anything and everything they and friends and family have surplus, and/or actually make a living or significant income from online trading via EPay and other routes, such as Amazon.

No, I am not going to define "significant".

The friend who lists place-holder ad's for sheets of paper is very disabled, always has been wheelchair-bound. He spends all day buying and selling online while his wife is working as a teaching asisstant. It keeps him sane and brings money in.

POST OF THE WEEK ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I am assuming that that is meant to be sarcastic. if so, I fail to understand that comment. as well.

The listing is genuine - if anyone wants a single sheet of A4 paper for £10, they can buy it - the listing is 100% genuine. How is anything a scam?
EPay absolutely must know that place-holding goes on and it breaks none of their rules, so they are, presumably, entirely OK with it - they actually benefit as eventually the place-holder will be replaced with something that they will take a bigger fee for.

advertisement

Back