advertisement

A new low for the Tories?

they may not have a monopoly on idiots, but they certainly appear to be the preferred supplier

Loads of idiots on the left, hence Labour barely having a poll lead despite the catastrophic incompetence and ugly ideology of the Tories. It still absolutely astonishes me the opposition are not miles ahead given the Tories have crashed 20% off Stirling, doubled the national debt, seen the credit rating downgraded twice, seen homelessness and foodbanks become a regular sight in our towns and cities and created and mismanaged the most destructive economic reality imaginable in Brexit. Labour can’t seriously compete with that? They are doing something *very* wrong!

i'm guessing that jeremy is busy in the backroom, playing a very important game of musical chairs with his nec. this i am sure is in order to enable him to land a killer blow at the next glastonbury festival. sorry, general election. all very important stuff, highbrow, stuff we wouldn't understand. the fact that the country is going to the dogs and the nhs is going to the wall is secondary to this important stuff.

i really do w.t.f. that he would get down off his political hobby horse and start being an effective opposition. just for once.

i really do w.t.f. that he would get down off his political hobby horse and start being an effective opposition. just for once.

Likewise. I’ve never witnessed such an ineffective government or opposition party in my life. Both sides of the house are far beyond clueless and and seem utterly determined to avoid intelligently engaging and tackling issues that are absolutely critical to the national future. It is incomprehensible that such a truly hopeless, discredited, incompetent and destructive government is within a point or two of the opposition. According to the most recent YouGov there is just one percentage point in it even one would hope with all the issues and failures I detailed in post #21 fresh in people’s minds. How is that even possible?

None of this should come as a surprise. It's the same social cleansing that brought us the bedroom tax, which along with tax breaks for the highest earners was one of the first thing she the Tories and Libdem's did.

I wonder if it's possible to vote the lot of them out and have a fresh start...?

It was tried but Unfortunately the man from Ashby St Ledgers failed in his attempt ( if you do not know Google it )

But also remember we are all guilty of voting them in, it would be very interesting to know just how many of our politicians are in effect university graduate with a degree in politics and actually have no interest in which party they work for , as they certainly are not working for us. How many of them over the years have jumped side's when it suited them. Remember the Big Red Bus and the large sum of cash that was alleged to be destined for the NHS if you vote for us
, lie after lie and people fell for it
oldie

i'm guessing that jeremy is busy in the backroom, playing a very important game of musical chairs with his nec. this i am sure is in order to enable him to land a killer blow at the next glastonbury festival. sorry, general election. all very important stuff, highbrow, stuff we wouldn't understand. the fact that the country is going to the dogs and the nhs is going to the wall is secondary to this important stuff.

Astonishing.

Loads of idiots on the left, hence Labour barely having a poll lead despite the catastrophic incompetence and ugly ideology of the Tories. It still absolutely astonishes me the opposition are not miles ahead given the Tories have crashed 20% off Stirling, doubled the national debt, seen the credit rating downgraded twice, seen homelessness and foodbanks become a regular sight in our towns and cities and created and mismanaged the most destructive economic reality imaginable in Brexit. Labour can’t seriously compete with that? They are doing something *very* wrong!

I strongly disagree. I see it as evidence of just what low life scum at least half the electorate of the UK are! Even with the NHS failing, people starving, the homeless on the streets etc many care more about + or - £5 a week in their pockets than whether other people live or die. A pox upon them!

According to the most recent YouGov there is just one percentage point in it even one would hope with all the issues and failures I detailed in post #21 fresh in people’s minds. How is that even possible?

YouGov was founded by Tory MP Nadhim Zahawi. I believe very little of what it reports or predicts.

Corbyn had a proper go at May and the Tories today about Carillion and outsourcing contracts during PMQs. The BBC News at One reported this with May countering how one third of Carillion contracts were supplied by Labour.

Any attack by Corbyn or Labour on the Tories is deliberately blunted by the BBC in their reporting. ITV and Channel 4 take a different and more balanced approach.

The newspapers are virtually all pro-Tory.

This in part accounts for why Labour don't appear to be making even bigger gains. How well or badly they are doing will be reflected in the upcoming council elections.

I personally don't know any racist, sexist or antisemitic Labour supporters. It goes against what the Party stands for.

When I read your put-downs of Labour and Momentum, Tony, it often seems like a rerun of headlines out of the newspapers or from the BBC.

Jack

The whole country should have a one day strike & head for downing street, fill London with the our opposition to the current incompetence. Let them know, enough is enough.
Dream on.

I strongly disagree. I see it as evidence of just what low life scum at least half the electorate of the UK are! Even with the NHS failing, people starving, the homeless on the streets etc many care more about + or - £5 a week in their pockets than whether other people live or die. A pox upon them!

I genuinely don’t think that is the case. My interpretation is that Labour are totally failing to make the argument in a way that sticks beyond a very young and social-media connected base. You need to pop up north sometime as far too many of the traditional working class voters, the ones that will be punished the hardest by Tory Brexit etc, think Corbyn is a joke.

'A New Low For A Tory'. This isn't difficult to understand, is it?
Human decency is something Tories consider unnecessary. Hard nosed worship of money is all that interests them. If that means people suffer, so be it.

Human decency is something Tories consider unnecessary. Hard nosed worship of money is all that interests them. If that means people suffer, so be it.
The comments are attributed to him, not the Tories though. So for all the Tories' faults, and there are a lot, this cannot be hung around their necks - its trying just a bit too hard.

The comments are attributed to him, not the Tories though. So for all the Tories' faults, and there are a lot, this cannot be hung around their necks - its trying just a bit too hard.

Mind you they didn't have to promote him at the latest reshuffle which kind of makes it look as though his views are perfectly ok and in line with Tory thinking, if not actual policy. It always amazes me that people (sometimes both sides) make this kind of comment without any reference to facts. e.g. How many (or % of unemployed) families are being paid £60k in benefits per year exactly?

I genuinely don’t think that is the case. My interpretation is that Labour are totally failing to make the argument in a way that sticks beyond a very young and social-media connected base. You need to pop up north sometime as far too many of the traditional working class voters, the ones that will be punished the hardest by Tory Brexit etc, think Corbyn is a joke.

Is 15 miles north of Newcastle on Tyne not far north enough? I think that the young and social media savvy are the very ones that Labour most need to target as they are historically the group least likely to vote. My hatred (yes hatred) is of the voters who whilst fully aware that the poorest and most vulnerable people in society are suffering badly, and its getting worse all the time, still put their own "I'm alright Jack" selfish concerns above everything else. I see voting tory as no different from kicking a homeless person or taking the food from the children of the poorest or pulling a drip from the arm of a sick person in an NHS hospital.

The thing to remember is that a landslide election would be a 60/40 split in favour of one party, so this leaves plenty of room for 40% of the electorate to speak nonsense and generally appear to be completely bonkers.

For example, Blair's first government in '97 was the largest post-war majority, with an 179 seat majority. Of the 71% turnout, 43% voted for Labour vs 31% for the Conservatives, roughly 60/40

What’s this based on? Labour dominated in the north, and (using YouGov’s dodgy categories) amongst working class voters only skilled manual workers favoured the Tories. This after decades of Labour basically abusing their core constituency: it’s an incredibly quick turnaround and the only way is up.

As for the “we need an effective opposition” routine, WTF? The Tories have been unable to pursue any of their agenda. Why do you think this is?

I see voting tory as no different from kicking a homeless person or taking the food from the children of the poorest or pulling a drip from the arm of a sick person in an NHS hospital.

I think the same way. My next door neighbour is a bloke I have known since about 1990. Got to know him when Happy Mondays played in Rekyavivk. He says he's an anarchist, but isn't. He is a landlord who votes for UKIP and the Tories. He is also a Brexiteer. Rather than being assailed with more BS, I stopped speaking to him and answering his calls or texts six months ago.

Jack

advertisement

Back