advertisement

Jeremy Vine: privileged malcontent

JV is the kind of guy who goes to doc, complaining of an extreme irritation in the inner regions of his anal vent..........rather than just say his arse is on fire!
It's obviously an act..........he cant be that nauseating and appeasing in real life? Gave up listening to him when I threw a mash hammer at the radio in my garage!.............take that with your whining worrying voice. Hey! that was a Grundig Yacht Boy! :eek:

Sorry, don't agree with the JV hate here. He does what he's paid to do, and does it very competently. He's an empathetic interviewer who gives people enough rope to hang themselves when required.

I am with you. Nothing against the guy, he is very good at either playing devil's advocate in debates, or mediating as needed, without foisting his personal opinions in the listener. He is a very competent TV and radio presenter - he wouldn't present a daily radio show plus Panorama, Eggheads, Crimewatch, and election coverage if he wasn't. Not sure where the 'privilege' or 'malcontent' bit comes from either. He might not be to everyone's taste, but he is pretty harmless.

His brother is an absolute legend.

I'm now feeling a bit remorseful about my earlier slightly unkind remarks about Jeremy Vine. While he's not my favourite presenter, he's not exactly evil personified, and I didn't know he had a brother.

I'm now feeling a bit remorseful about my earlier slightly unkind remarks about Jeremy Vine. While he's not my favourite presenter, he's not exactly evil personified, and I didn't know he had a brother.

Compared to Steve Wright, Jeremy Vine is the Dalai Lama, Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela and Jesus Christ all rolled into one.

I accidentally heard him in the car this morning. He was having a right dry hump over Brexit while conducting a phone in. The issue was-" 'ere, 'ow come we can't be in the European Culture Capital competition any more? We are leaving the EU but we are still part of Europe etc etc". The best bit was when he demanded " who sez Dundee can't be a European Capital?" A cast of various benighted folk came on the line and I was reminded of the "bald men fighting over a comb" analogy.

The t**t is doing a show at Buxton Opera House 2moz I hope he gets run over before hand.

I have bought tickets in a posh box away from the peasants to see Suggs and Dr JC Clarke there next Feb I bet they would put him in his place.

I note that he's been called a second rate Paxman (gawd help us, a first rate one is bad enough) but don't forget, before that he was a second rate Jimmy Young!

Jeremy Vine -

1. has a poor interviewing style.
  2. thinks that liking The Smiths and Elvis Costello means he has taste.
  3. has an irritating face.
  4. has an irritating voice.
  5. is not funny.
  6. is not 'self-aware.'
  7. is uncontorversial and bland, like Dermot o Leary.
  8. a 'BBC' boy.
  9. looks clumsy.
  10. gives me an excuse to write a list of unfounded but heart-felt non-facts that are entirely subjective, but my wife agrees. (and all my children, their partners and the grand kids et al agree too)

Well I think he's quite good!

I mean, I think Chris Evans is an overated tw*t but I don't keep going on about it.

Well I think he's quite good!

I mean, I think Chris Evans is an overated tw*t but I don't keep going on about it.
Agreed about Evans it's just that imo the majority of the Radio 2 daytime presenters are all annoying Steve Wright who laughs at everything he says and don't get me going about that Vine fella ffs!

advertisement

Back