advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

The thing that bothered me about that episode is that Nancy the salt monster only needed some salt to live, among the most common chemical compounds around. It's not like she metabolized rare NOS Western Electric 300B tubes, mint 15-Ω Rogers LS3/5a in rosewood or dilithium crystals to survive. Just salt — NaCl — the stuff they give away in those little packets when you order fries.

But, for whatever reason, Nancy ends up killing several people because she needs salt, kills them by sucking the salt right out of their face using the suction cups on her fingers. This is absurd. Food replicators are everywhere.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot could just as easily be Fries. Family Size. Extra Salt. Hold the fries!

I love the show, but some episodes really do stretch credulity.

Joe

Wouldn't that be pommes frites for J-LP?

v5zPDat.jpg

And this is absolutely, positively, the last one. For real this time. Sorry about the false hope I may have given to some, earlier.

Yank,

How about round 2 being episodes in the form of Juan Ortiz posters?

pDzFJsE.jpg

Joe

Anyone been watching lower decks? I felt the season 4 finale was one of the best bits of fan service, had me geeking out from end to end!

S1E5 "The Enemy Within" - the major plot hole that annoys me is that Sulu and the other landing party members are trapped on the inhospitable planet because the transporters are offline. Well then why can't they send down a freakin' shuttlecraft?

Yank,

They should have beamed down some blankets and hot chocolate. They would be duplicated because of the transporter malfunction but, hey, extra blankets and buy-one-get-one-free hot chocolate!

Joe

S1E5 "The Enemy Within" - the major plot hole that annoys me is that Sulu and the other landing party members are trapped on the inhospitable planet because the transporters are offline. Well then why can't they send down a freakin' shuttlecraft?

well yeah, but there are so many massive plot holes like this.

The big one.... the entire or "Voyager" is based on the fact that Captain Janeway doesn't know how timers on bombs work.

well yeah, but there are so many massive plot holes like this.

The big one.... the entire or "Voyager" is based on the fact that Captain Janeway doesn't know how timers on bombs work.

Well sure there are tons, but I was speaking specifically of the episode that was being broadcast at the time of writing.

Yank,

If we're picky, I think it's also unlikely that evil Captain Kirk could be chugalugging Saurian brandy on Deck 5 then show up for work the next day without a massive hangover.

Joe

Got Paramount Plus for £3.50 a month which meant watching Strange New Worlds over the course of two weeks over Christmas. Not bad (though the episode where everyone breaks into song was tough going). Started to watch Season Three of Discovery and couldn’t make it past episode 3. It’s utter shite.

(I’m going to watch Season 2 of Halo in February then cancel)

Got Paramount Plus for £3.50 a month which meant watching Strange New Worlds over the course of two weeks over Christmas. Not bad (though the episode where everyone breaks into song was tough going). Started to watch Season Three of Discovery and couldn’t make it past episode 3. It’s utter shite.

(I’m going to watch Season 2 of Halo in February then cancel)
Agreed on all counts. I like strange new worlds and it does a decent job of making me feel like it understands what old school fans like.

Discovery I gave up on at the end of season 2, as you say, it’s utter shite!

Lower decks is still my favourite of the new stuff

advertisement

Back