advertisement

pfm Outage and major upgrade Monday 2nd Oct 11:00am

This is curious. If I'm not logged in the the colour scheme is the usual turquoise. But as soon as I log in it turns blue. Happens both on PC (Windoze 10) and iPAd (iOS 17).

Do I need to do something?
Go to your account, preferences and it is the first drop-down choice

This is curious. If I'm not logged in the the colour scheme is the usual turquoise. But as soon as I log in it turns blue. Happens both on PC (Windoze 10) and iPAd (iOS 17).

Do I need to do something?

You can select the colour scheme at the very bottom left of the screen.

PS I can not express how pleased I am the scheme ported. That has saved me a load of tedium I was dreading. It’s pretty much freed up my week!

You can select the colour scheme at the very bottom left of the screen.

PS I can not express how pleased I am the scheme ported. That has saved me a load of tedium I was dreading. It’s pretty much freed up my week!
That'll give you time to work out how to put a big yellow 'Donate' button on the navigation bar at the top, then!

Another one, sorry - you can't seem to replace a link by inserting a new link, you seem to have to delete the original first or it does nothing

I used Amazon AWS for a little while for a couple of databases, so I could access them out and about. Bugger me - I could not believe the amount they charged! The initial fee wasn’t too bad, but the monthly ongoings were ridiculous and then when my years contract was up, OMFG! - I didn’t get clear notification of the expiration of the contract (well maybe I did but the barrage of emails weekly is enough to put anyone off reading them all) and the cost went up to over a grand a year, it was ridiculous, and to them get out of the non existent contract was like a blind dog doing an agility course.

I can easily see how they make billions out of Aws, simply through customers with more than one contact (they try to set up many contracts for each slightly different service) getting bamboozled and the invoice dept just simply paying the aws invoices by direct debit.

It was cheaper for me to buy a server and have my IT guy come in and set it all up for us by a HUGE margin.
I
I dread to think how much they charge governments for their services.
Now you know one of the zillions of reasons why I can't stand that disreputable Amazon.

Bolder headings and much cleaner to look at. No issues for me and my VI using Dick Duck Go.

Dark mode would be the icing on the cake but comments already made have been noted.

Well done Tony. 😇
I echo that. Unless my eyesight has miraculously responded to eating my home-grown carrots, pfm text has become clearer with a slightly deeper shade of green. I hope that's right, because when I was diagnosed as colour-blind recently, the news came right out of the green.

advertisement

Back