advertisement

Ukraine IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine Irish Republican Army will taught that "they need to kill all British to be really free and independent". Then imagine Russia, China, Belorussia will train IRA soldiers on their territory and provide them with tons of weapon. Then IRA ask to join Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) to defend. Do you get relevant context?

@[email protected]

A strange comparison I might say, as someone who lived in Northern Ireland throughout the whole Troubles era. Subversive and fully opposed to British rule in Ireland as the IRA were, they never sought or expressed any desire to "kill all British to be really free and independent". One of the most extreme and some would say effective terrorist organisations in Western Europe over the last what - 50 years - and yet they never espoused the kind of mass murder of civilians as you describe here - and certainly would never have been accused of doing so by successive British Governments.

In the case of Ukraine, it seems even more nonsensical, as they already have their independence from your State, so why would they need to embark on a further programme of killing large numbers of Russian civilians ??

Do you have any evidence whatsoever - no matter how light - to support your claim that large numbers of Ukrainians have a desire to "kill all Russians to be free and independent" ?

Was watching in our news about Sweden and Finland considering joining NATO. Actually, there was mentioned a very valid point in my view. What if Russia will go for Finland. No NATO, nobody can come help legally. If somebody is ready volunteer, Russia threatens go nuclear, and Finland stays alone. What if Russia decides take Gotland (strategic place). Same scenario, no NATO, no help. This is Ukraine scenario today.

Reactions: PsB
WHO chief comment that won't go down well in Europe, but so true
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-61101732

This is spotted at the very beginning of Ukr crisis by everyone professionally involved with migrations and refugees.

There was a plenty of truly horrible, racist statements from the highest levels of political elites - championing Ukr refugees skills, education and color over Middle East and African ones.

There’s something quite perverse about the argument advanced over the last couple of pages. That Russia has invaded Ukraine, is killing its citizens and systematically destroying its cities and has directly threatened other European countries with the same and a Russian responds with “I don’t think you like us”.

Last edited:
Was watching in our news about Sweden and Finland considering joining NATO. Actually, there was mentioned a very valid point in my view. What if Russia will go for Finland. No NATO, nobody can come help legally, if somedy is ready volunteer, Russia threatens go nuclear, and Finland stay alone. What Russia decides take Gotland (strategic place). Same scenario, no NATO, no help. This is Ukraine scenario today.
Think it's more accurate to say no direct military intervention, as Ukraine isn't a member of Nato and the US & Nato think its too risky at least for now.

But they're clearly receiving lot of other assistance - weapons & ammunition shipments, apparently near real time intelligence from airborne electronic warfare platforms flying in Polish airspace, plus I'd guess nrt satellite intelligence from the US as well.

Plus from what I've read - a number of years of military training from the US, UK and other countries since the annexation of Crimea.

So not everything that Zelensky is asking for but not nothing either.

Just now watching on BBC 4 'Putin, Russia and the West', episode 3 'War'. About the Georgia/Russia conflict which lasted for quite some time around the early 00s, right now I'm at 2010, and it's incredibly obvious just how wrong footed the US/EU (bar Germany) approach to this has been. Pretty much the same situation as Ukraine, with Russia assisting break away movements near it's border. Putin is clearly massively riled by Nato encroachment, and you cannot blame him, can you imagine the Warsaw pact surrounding the US? Just hypocrisy on a massive scale. In one clip, Putin pokes fun at G W Bush's assertion that Nato bases were needed in Poland to deter Iranian missiles aimed at Europe, he (Putin) jokes the missiles don't even exist!

Think it's more accurate to say no direct military intervention, as Ukraine isn't a member of Nato and the US & Nato think its too risky at least for now.

But they're clearly receiving lot of other assistance - weapons & ammunition shipments, apparently near real time intelligence from airborne electronic warfare platforms flying in Polish airspace, plus I'd guess nrt satellite intelligence from the US as well.

Plus from what I've read - a number of years of military training from the US, UK and other countries since the annexation of Crimea.

So not everything that Zelensky is asking for but not nothing either.

You may be flushed for the Putin propaganda...

Yes, that is more correct, no direct military intervention. Sweden fights alone, Finland fights alone. Ukraine fights alone.

@[email protected]

A strange comparison I might say, as someone who lived in Northern Ireland throughout the whole Troubles era. Subversive and fully opposed to British rule in Ireland as the IRA were, they never sought or expressed any desire to "kill all British to be really free and independent". One of the most extreme and some would say effective terrorist organisations in Western Europe over the last what - 50 years - and yet they never espoused the kind of mass murder of civilians as you describe here - and certainly would never have been accused of doing so by successive British Governments.

In the case of Ukraine, it seems even more nonsensical, as they already have their independence from your State, so why would they need to embark on a further programme of killing large numbers of Russian civilians ??

Do you have any evidence whatsoever - no matter how light - to support your claim that large numbers of Ukrainians have a desire to "kill all Russians to be free and independent" ?
I have been a frequent reader of the Russian language net for a very long time and often wondered myself. Is there some secret sign that everyone missed and Ukraine harbors large percentage of potential anti-Russian murderers?

In fiery debates on Russian language forums I saw one episode from recent past that is brought up by Putinists as incontrovertible proof of this murderous intent.

Apparently, sometime just before Maidan, during it or right after, there was a demonstration in Kiyv that included a group that chanted “Moskalyaku na Gilyaku!” which means something like "Hang the Moscovites" or "Moskovites to the Gallows." This made a lot of Russian social media and was heavily promoted on Russian TV. There are probably YouTube clips of this, like the Nazi rally we had in US a few years back (where an anti-nazi activist was murdered).

The above is brought up a lot on Russian forums as "proof of intent."

Just now watching on BBC 4 'Putin, Russia and the West', episode 3 'War'. About the Georgia/Russia conflict which lasted for quite some time around the early 00s, right now I'm at 2010, and it's incredibly obvious just how wrong footed the US/EU (bar Germany) approach to this has been. Pretty much the same situation as Ukraine, with Russia assisting break away movements near it's border. Putin is clearly massively riled by Nato encroachment, and you cannot blame him, can you imagine the Warsaw pact surrounding the US? Just hypocrisy on a massive scale. In one clip, Putin pokes fun at G W Bush's assertion that Nato bases were needed in Poland to deter Iranian missiles aimed at Europe, he (Putin) jokes the missiles don't even exist!
NATO poses no threat to Russia, of which Putin is well aware. It is simply a pretext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back