advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2017 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Amar - was a tad unsteady on my feet after this! The perils of taking our youngest to the village playing field. :D

Lefty, the 35mm f2 is a really good lens. It will be interesting to see how often you use each camera (D800E and X-T2) and for what. The two most used lenses at present on my X-T2 are the 35mm f2 and the 16mm f1.4. That will change, when I travel, to a 3 zoom set.

Thanks Amar - was a tad unsteady on my feet after this! The perils of taking our youngest to the village playing field. :D

I can imagine! My youngest is the same when let loose in a park :D

Lefty, the 35mm f2 is a really good lens. It will be interesting to see how often you use each camera (D800E and X-T2) and for what. The two most used lenses at present on my X-T2 are the 35mm f2 and the 16mm f1.4. That will change, when I travel, to a 3 zoom set.

It certainly is! I'm somewhat conflicted on what to do. On pure IQ terms, the D800E is the clear winner. However, it is heavy, slow to focus and not as good as the X-T2 for long exposures and ICM (the X-T2 can easily focus through a 10 stop ND where the D800E can't). My plan for the moment is to use small, light primes on the X-T2 (18/2, 23/2, 35/2 and 50/2) whilst keeping the big zooms for the D800E and landscape work. We'll see if this is what actually happens!

Out of interest, what Fuji lenses are your favourite? I LOVED the 16-55/2.8 last time I had the X-T2.

Lefty

Out of interest, what Fuji lenses are your favourite? I LOVED the 16-55/2.8 last time I had the X-T2.

I have tended to use the 16mm a lot for landscapes. This is probably my favourite at the moment. I really like the mechanics, aperture ring, clutch focus (using the flim setting for manual focus) and the exxcellent image quality. It complements the design ethos of the X-T2 very well. Over the last 2 years the mainstay of my images with the Fuji has been the 10-24 which is a great lens.

I can imagine! My youngest is the same when let loose in a park :D

It certainly is! I'm somewhat conflicted on what to do. On pure IQ terms, the D800E is the clear winner. However, it is heavy, slow to focus and not as good as the X-T2 for long exposures and ICM (the X-T2 can easily focus through a 10 stop ND where the D800E can't). My plan for the moment is to use small, light primes on the X-T2 (18/2, 23/2, 35/2 and 50/2) whilst keeping the big zooms for the D800E and landscape work. We'll see if this is what actually happens!

Lefty

The F2 WR primes are a great solution for lightweight (23/35/50), personally I wouldn't go down the 18 route, though it is lightweight, I don't think that it's 'sharpness' will meet your standards!!!! I would add 16mm to that set, as it's a great quality lens, F1.4 and has WR, then if the inclination desires add the 90mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back