advertisement

System pics 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug, I like your cat, your tri-amped speakers, clever sound reproduction system, room presentation, etc., but . . . YOUR PLANTS! They are outstanding! I want to know your secrets, 先生.

--Alan

LOL! NO secret really. It's just choosing plants that are right for the location you want to put them in. Too many people buy a plant they like then plonk it in a location that is completely wrong for it to thrive.

All my plants are cheap 'tough' varieties, easy to grow and maintain.

Happy to offer more if interested . . .

D

Managed to leave London before Brexit descends and settled with family amidst the Rhine-side greenery of Bonn.
its a beautiful place and the cleanest air I've breathed in a while. Family loves it.

Life feels simpler and cleaner. The living room which doubles as my listening room is a lot more 'minimalist' and despite the lack of curtains and rugs, sounds pretty nice.

My system is largely the same - Shahinian Obelisks + Pllinius power amp + vintage CJ pre amp + MacMin/Sonos

Some changes:
- Got a german TT to play with - Scheu Diamond. Nice sounding deck - more neutral sounding compared to my 401 set up but very detailed and punchy
- Auralic Vega. Very pleasantly surprised by just how good this is. As analogue sounding as the Metrum and Audio synthesis DACs but with great resolution

Sounds like a good move and I'm glad to hear you're liking Bonn so far. The listening room looks great too. The only down side is it's a shame you're no longer just around the corner in Balham!
All the best, Andrew

Managed to leave London before Brexit descends and settled with family amidst the Rhine-side greenery of Bonn.
its a beautiful place and the cleanest air I've breathed in a while. Family loves it.

Welcome to bonn. Interested in a local hifi show?
Westdeutsche-hifi-tage.de
I will be there on Sunday

Very stylish!

The Ob's really suit a contemporary interior. Got to be one of my favourite room/system pics in a very long time, and given the location you are one lucky fella.

Sorry if someone has already asked, but is the Plinius a P10 power amp? Would like to know which CJ pre-amp that is too, as adding a valve pre to a plinius power seems like a pretty good solution for me too.

Welcome to bonn. Interested in a local hifi show?
Westdeutsche-hifi-tage.de
I will be there on Sunday

Awesome! Another local Fishie - Tony - mentioned this to me.
Its 15-20 mins walk through the Rheinau park from my place
I will try my best to attend on the Sunday as well
Lets catch up.
Will PM contact details

Updated a little

Two British Amps with Canadian Speakers for me

Music Room

Reference 3a De Capo BE
Rega ELICIT-R
Wyred for Sound DAC 1 V2

36987278660_2cdc352f73_z.jpg

Bedroom Audio

PSB Syhchrony One B
Rega ELEX-R
Marantz NA6005
Marantz SA8005 SACD/DAC

37213186962_8271fda2b9_z.jpg

Sadly I have only ever visited the David Bowie interpretation.

It is quite accurate interpretation of the mood of this place from 70s.

Can I ask what do you have between slab and spikes? Metal pad?
I would like to share my invention to improve SQ in setup like this.
All you need is this: (Wolfcraft 2945000)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001J5265M/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=261980202602

You place it between slab and metal pad for spikes and... Probably it helps with vibration as the sound suddenly is more pleasant to listen. Simple thing but it changes a lot :)

mbt8YVwoOsmC6PS6steWMYw.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hoopsontoast

Always find your systems elegant. My last recollection included a Sony Es 9000 I think, so more than speakers since my last visit

Hoopsontoast

Always find your systems elegant. My last recollection included a Sony Es 9000 I think, so more than speakers since my last visit

Thanks, I try to keep it simple, yes I had the Sony 9000ES DVD player for a long time, that went to a good friend, so I know its in good hands! :p

Very nice, Rob, they look well in the system and room. Early thoughts?

They are exeptional speakers, certainly 'better' than the R9s but very different, I'm used to the R9s which are not the most accurate but so far, the best 'do the least wrong' speakers. The 201/2s dont flatter bad recordings but as such whats good, is so far anyway, is very good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back