advertisement

The Apocalypse Will Happen This Weekend According To The Bible

Will the religious scam phonelines be open right up to/after the apocalypse? I’m guessing yes.

It would be good if the Rapture and Apocalypse happen after Chelsea beat Stoke tomorrow afternoon.

Jack
Chelsea can't beat an egg at the moment so I wouldn't hold your breath on any sort of rapture.

As regards running a marathon on Sunday, maybe you could slot it in before it really kicks off. So you might be slowed down a bit in the first 10 by the plagues of locusts, the Horsemen of the Apocalypse might take out a few early leaders round about halfway, leaving you with a fairly clear run, notwithstanding the plagues of frogs and the wailings of those with agues, pustules and the otherwise afflicted (those Chelsea supporters again) towards the end. Provided you got in inside the 4 hours I would have hoped that you'd at least be in the showers by the time it got to the raining of fire and full-scale apocalypse, such as I get in my house if I ever let the tonic run out when 'er outdoors visits.

I reckon with decent planning you could get back home and start on the claret at least an hour before The Pit opens and swallows all the sinners for all eternity. That being the case, I'd keep a firm grip on the bottle. My guess is that Hell is equipped only with Spanish table wine of the most minimal quality.

Just had a look, it's only a half marathon that Robs is doing. You'll be fine. Get in inside the 2 and you won't even have to dodge the yawning chasms filled with open-mawed demons sucking the vital body fluids of the Unsaved. That is provided they don't start early in Windsor, such is the demand and high volume of Unsaved in that town.

It can't be this weekend: yesterday spent my 10 mins of blood test debrief (positively) discussing wine with my doctor. He assured me that not only do I not have colon or prostate cancer but that I still have a liver and that good quality wine does less damage.
He may be slightly biased as it seems he owns a small vineyard in the Languedoc (doctors are well paid aren't they).
After that I feel sure I will be given enough time to finish the bottles I have.

Just had a look, it's only a half marathon that Robs is doing. You'll be fine. Get in inside the 2 and you won't even have to dodge the yawning chasms filled with open-mawed demons sucking the vital body fluids of the Unsaved. That is provided they don't start early in Windsor, such is the demand and high volume of Unsaved in that town.

I'll be there on photo duty and have already planned an escape route.

Just wasting some time grading some records and CDs for tomorrow’s listing, which obviously won’t be happening what with the apocalypse. Listening to some late Mozart string quartets via the Leak and 149s, not sounding apocalyptic at all it has to be said. I put the cat out earlier, how do cats fair against flying hell monkeys? I guess I’ll find out. Kind of fancy a flying hell monkey as a pet to be honest. What do they eat?

I'll be there on photo duty and have already planned an escape route.
That seems wise. If I were you I'd steer clear of Palace Approach, that's going to be mobbed when it really kicks off. You need to stay off the M25 too, for Christ's sake. The Unsaved will be 3 deep on there come 2 o'clock, on the way to the shops, and you'll be locked in there for ever. It's no place to be when the flames of Righteous Anger and Considerable Disappointment At Your Conduct come blasting across the plains, destroying all in their path. I mean it's not an entirely bad thing, I could do with fewer sinners around here at the best of times, but the Flames of Continual Deflagration are going to become tiresome if they aren't sorted out by, say, Tuesday.

The apocalypse appears very similar to normality atm. At this rate how are we going to know when it has happened?

I think I can see some darkish clouds gathering. And a magpie just took a poop on a branch outside the window. Could it be a portent?
Praise.

That seems wise. If I were you I'd steer clear of Palace Approach, that's going to be mobbed when it really kicks off. You need to stay off the M25 too, for Christ's sake. The Unsaved will be 3 deep on there come 2 o'clock, on the way to the shops, and you'll be locked in there for ever. It's no place to be when the flames of Righteous Anger and Considerable Disappointment At Your Conduct come blasting across the plains, destroying all in their path. I mean it's not an entirely bad thing, I could do with fewer sinners around here at the best of times, but the Flames of Continual Deflagration are going to become tiresome if they aren't sorted out by, say, Tuesday.

No need to worry about the M25 as I live within 5 mins drive and D of E on duty to extinguish the flames.

Ah, bird poop - the portent of all portents. And magpie poop, no less! The portent augers ill for humanity, sayeth the droppings... or for Brighton & Hove Albion tomorrow afternoon at four, it's hard to sayeth for sure.

The apocalypse appears very similar to normality atm. At this rate how are we going to know when it has happened?

I will update the ‘pictures of your pets’ thread as soon as my flying hell monkey arrives.

It's gone quite cloudy here in Derby, but that usually means nothing more sinister than rain. Being a cautious sort of bloke, I'm writing a list of my Good Deeds, in case anyone asks me about them later on.

...Listening to some late Mozart string quartets...

Why do folk often point out that Mozart is deceased when referring to his string quartets? I’d have thought we’d all be aware of the fact by now.

Anyway, just five or so hours for the four horsemen to arrive. I assume they’ve been held up on the M3, or something.

I was hoping for it to be honest as I'd picked a difficult piece for after the service tomorrow (Langlais). At this rate I'm going to have to go in really early and practise.

advertisement

Back