advertisement

US bombs Syria

Can you explain to me, beside of the important mission to make decisions against Israel twice a day, what do you think the UN is for?

Arye

The UN does many things and makes Security Council resolutions.

Israel has been criticized in approximately 100 Security Council resolutions.

What has Israel done about this? Absolutely nothing for the most part.

I am sorry Arye, but I don't need to be lectured by you.

A friend of mine is helping the Yazidis in Iraq. There is a huge number of Yazidi refugees. The way that these Kurds are being slaughtered by ISIL is heartbreaking.

The armed wing of the Kurds, the YPG, are fighting against ISIS in Syria. Meanwhile Turkey is trying to crush the YPG and is supported in this by America and the UK.

In other words I care about what is going on in Syria and the Middle East. I don't however trust America or the UK government. Going to war with Assad is the last thing we should do. It will result in ISIS taking over Syria, as they have done with large parts of Iraq.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200257

Jack

I think the USA wants Assad out so that ISIS can take over most of Syria as it withdraws from Shia majority Iraq. Then they can test their latest toys to bomb the rest of it "back to the stone age". Half a million deaths are not enough.

It seems the multiple bankrupt, NY property developer will start a war- and in so doing, resurrect US coal and steel- t's just uncertain which theatre he'll choose.

It seems the multiple bankrupt, NY property developer will start a war- and in so doing, resurrect US coal and steel- t's just uncertain which theatre he'll choose.

If it must be then I hope it is North Korea. And I hope they have a rocket just large enough to deliver a tiny atomic bomb to Mar a Lago on the weekend.

You don't think the USA played a significant role in the military coup that replaced the Islamic Brotherhood Government, and made the Islamic Brotherhood itself illegal ? Of course not. :rolleyes:
I do not necessarily agree with any of the aims of the Islamic Brotherhood but trying to suppress (ie jail, torture and kill) these people only makes their movement stronger and more violent. They have to be allowed to govern and to fail and be discredited. It may now be too late as any failure can be blamed on 'the West' (just look at Erdogan) and it will be believed whether true or false.

The Obama's behavior toward Mubarak was captured as betrayal to the USA allies in the ME. There was not trust between Assisi and Obama and Assisi went close to Russia.

Arye

The UN does many things and makes Security Council resolutions.

Israel has been criticized in approximately 100 Security Council resolutions.

What has Israel done about this? Absolutely nothing for the most part.

I am sorry Arye, but I don't need to be lectured by you.

A friend of mine is helping the Yazidis in Iraq. There is a huge number of Yazidi refugees. The way that these Kurds are being slaughtered by ISIL is heartbreaking.

The armed wing of the Kurds, the YPG, are fighting against ISIS in Syria. Meanwhile Turkey is trying to crush the YPG and is supported in this by America and the UK.

In other words I care about what is going on in Syria and the Middle East. I don't however trust America or the UK government. Going to war with Assad is the last thing we should do. It will result in ISIS taking over Syria, as they have done with large parts of Iraq.

Take a look at this thread: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200257

Jack

Again, the USA bomb was as a response to chemical attack on innocent citizens. I don't talk about Western involvement with the war (wars?) in Syria. I am asking if the world have to respond to chemical attack. I gave an example - closing the air in Syria to combat flights. Launching long range missiles to destroy chemical weapon storages is another example.

Arye

This. Is. Not. Fake.

C9JviJvUMAAw7Gb.jpg

https://twitter.com/This_Is_Zinc/status/851867303218171904

Nuts. Literal madness.

No it isn't. What is happening in Syria has got absolutely nothing to do with me in London.

Feel free to sort it out yourself.

Jack

Oh dear. Absolutely nothing? That's a faxmlinn absolutist argument. You must be in a different London to me. It wasn't more that a few days ago that a nutter killed some people in Westminster. Is that your London? Join a few dots and you'll get to ISIS. That will be the ISIS that's causing a bit of trouble in Syria. The ISIS that's inspiring nutters around the world including......you didn't guess it- London.

Imagine what it will be like if ISIS are forced out of Syria? Would any U.K. "Fighters" come back to Britain? Would they come back to London?

Again, the USA bomb was as a response to chemical attack on innocent citizens. I don't talk about Western involvement with the war (wars?) in Syria. I am asking if the world have to respond to chemical attack. I gave an example - closing the air in Syria to combat flights. Launching long range missiles to destroy chemical weapon storages is another example.

Arye

Let's take these points one by one then.

(a) There is no independent proof yet that Assad is responsible for the attack. The television news programmes in the UK have finally gone back to saying that it is an alleged attack.

(b) Closing the airspace in Syria to combat planes will include Russian ones. Best of luck with that. Whichever countries attempt it are likely to find themselves at war with Putin.

(c) Launching long range missiles into Syria will have the same effect. Russia and Iran are Syria's allies. They won't let it happen without repercussions.

Only the truly idiotic would get involved. I don't see Israel joining the queue.

Jack

Oh dear. Absolutely nothing? That's a faxmlinn absolutist argument. You must be in a different London to me. It wasn't more that a few days ago that a nutter killed some people in Westminster. Is that your London? Join a few dots and you'll get to ISIS. That will be the ISIS that's causing a bit of trouble in Syria. The ISIS that's inspiring nutters around the world including......you didn't guess it- London.

Imagine what it will be like if ISIS are forced out of Syria? Would any U.K. "Fighters" come back to Britain? Would they come back to London?

We're not talking about ISIS. What Arye wants is for America and Britain to attack Assad, who is fighting ISIS.

I support the Kurds' armed wing, the YPG People's Protection Units, who are at war with ISIS in Syria. Britain and America back the Turks who are trying to kill off the YPG.

This shows just how hypocritical May is now she after a regime change in Syria.

Where is the proof that Khalid Masood was part of ISIS? I haven't seen any. I am not saying he wasn't, but he could have been a lone nutter.

Jack

Arye

Why should 'the world' have to respond to a chemical attack which killed less than a 100 people, but not bullets and bombs which have killed hundreds of thousands in this conflict? The only interests being served here are the Trump administrations, which is making this is first moral crusade.

Some perspective from one of my main go-to commentators, who here is talking about the press coverage and also about Trump's "concern" in context .

Btw, Kyle Kulinski is a co-founder of the Justice Democrats movement, which seeks to clean up the Democratic Party and field candidates who don't take corporate money and who pass certain litmus tests on the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're not talking about ISIS. What Arye wants is for America and Britain to attack Assad, who is fighting ISIS.

I am in favour of the Kurds' armed wing, the YPG, who are at war with ISIS in Syria. Britain and America back the Turks who are trying to kill off the YPG.

This shows just how hypocritical May is now she after a regime change in Syria.

Where is the proof that Khalid Masood was part of ISIS? I haven't seen any. I am not saying he wasn't, but he could have been a lone nutter.

Jack

You're answering different questions.

Look at the quote I responded to. Put your bread head on and think what an escalating war in Syria will do to your shares? What it does to consumer confidence. I didn't say Masood was a member of ISIS. Of course he wasn't and that's why I said you needed to join a few dots. Would you say he had no inspiration from it, or existed in the way he did because of ISIS? I know ISIS isn't "Syria" but they are quite a part of what's going on there.

You're answering different questions.

Look at the quote I responded to. Put your bread head on and think what an escalating war in Syria will do to your shares? What it does to consumer confidence.

I am not answering different questions. I don't have shares and don't care about consumer confidence.

What I would like to see is ISIS dealt with. Attacking Assad, which is what Arye appears to want, will result in the opposite.

Jack

I am not answering different questions. I don't have shares and don't care about consumer confidence.

What I would like to see is ISIS dealt with. Attacking Assad, which is what Arye appears to want, will result in the opposite.

Jack

I want that everyone who is using chemical weapon will be attacked. You are saying that there are no proves that Assad committed this attack, these are news for me.

If he didn't - who did?

Arye

Isis may inspire western Islamist 'nutters' but they certainly wouldn't go away if Isis or Al Queda vanished. There is a rot within Muslim communities, just watch a few YouTube vids of these morons 'preaching' on the streets of Luton, London, Bradford, or wherever. They also seem to have the respect of some of their peers. I read in the Times this week about the Muslim charity MEND (whose task it is apparently to challenge 'Islamophobia'), and one of its seemingly respectable spokespersons, who had links to Islamist hate preachers. This problem has more to do with what goes on in the UK rather than abroad, sure they are inspired by Isis and others, but in reality they don't give 2 f**ks about any UK military escapades in the middle east.

advertisement

Back