advertisement

SHURE HEADPHONES EXTENSION CABLE

ian1948

Hi everyone. A while ago I posted asking for advice on headphones. Part of the responses was to consider a pair of Shure SRH1540. I ended up buying an unused pair that arrived this morning and my initial response is that I’m knocked out (without any burning in!). Slight problem is a change of hi-fi position that means the supplied cable doesn’t reach by a good 3 metres. Thought about getting a 4 metre cable made up but the cheaper option would seem to be an extension cable. Any recommendations and / or advice please?

I'm using 5meters of 'VanDamme tour grade classic XKE microphone cable (silver plated OFC)' terminated in really lovely Neutrik locking socket and plug. It sounds exactly like the Shure leads supplied with my SRH 1540's. It's tough, flexible and comes in a ton of colours. You can even have coloured collars on the plugs :)

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Took a punt on designacable and looking forward to receiving mine.

I'm using 5meters of 'VanDamme tour grade classic XKE microphone cable (silver plated OFC)' terminated in really lovely Neutrik locking socket and plug. It sounds exactly like the Shure leads supplied with my SRH 1540's. It's tough, flexible and comes in a ton of colours. You can even have coloured collars on the plugs :)
I'm using 5 metres of this after Rocky's recommendation years ago. Good enough for my HD650s, Focal Elears and Utopias

advertisement

Back