advertisement

Zyx Fuji

I like the look of that surgical clip, Charlie. I use either a selection of tweezers or fingers (or both) but I can see that those allow more control in this delicate operation. Cheap, too !

The small surgical haemostats or clips come in different lengths from 3.5 inches upwards - straight or curved tips. Personally I use a short 3.5 inch straight artery clip - very easy to control.

Re below. Just to clear up.
I was speaking from my own personal experience.
And this is that within the final few percentile, the Zyx I have can get significantly better with tiny adjustments. More so, in my experience that other cartridges, where getting them 95% right is pretty much the same as 100% - i.e. the gains are minimal with the final / finite adjustment and set up.
With the Zyx I found that the more time spent dialing it in to the 100% mark, the better it sounded.
So whilst all cartridges are "sensitive to set up" some just get better and better the more detail and time/effort you apply. Of course, others just sound pretty much the same.
In a way I was paying the Zyx a compliment, by saying effort yields reward.

As I say - these are MY experiences - i was purely posting my own personal comments having spent time setting one of these up. And I have had many top drawer phono carts.

They are quite sensitive to correct set up though to get the best.

ZYX cartridges are no more sensitive to set up than any other cartridge. Just set up the cartridge with the correct alignment tools and these cartridges will perform beautifully.

FWIW all cartridges should be set up using the correct alignment tools including digital weighing scales, plus great care should be taken to ensure every adjustment is perfect. This should be standard practice for any cartridge set up.

advertisement

Back