advertisement

Zu Denon 103

A quick point about the ESCo cantilever. It a mm or two longer than the stock item, easier to cue but may be a problem with the geometry in an Aro.

Might be worth checking with ESCo.
The fixed length issue with the ARO is something I have learned to ignore over the years, the Zu DL 103 isn't miles off, but it's not quite right, the Lyras I used were "wrong" too, but it seems to make no real audible difference, despite the clear evidence of the theory. When I discovered that my misaligned Lyra sounded much better in the ARO than it did "perfectly" aligned in the Ekos, I decided there were other things to worry about in life!

What is the cost of this now..and what is the turn round time?
£250, and I think it will be about six weeks from leaving the house to coming back, sadly my backup cartridge is on loan to a friend, in Paris... its my original DL103 that I bought when I was having my Lyra rebuilt. I lent it to him whist he had his AT??? rebuilt, but the last time I asked (about two years ago) he was enjoying the Denon so much, he'd not got to the post office with his AT!

I've had quite a few Denon carts - a standard 103, 2 re-bodied 103 including the Zu, a 304 and an S1.

I did a comparative review for the new Hifi Pig webzine here

advertisement

Back