Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Zu Denon 103

Discussion in 'audio' started by Gaius, Mar 3, 2012.

1. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

The fixed length issue with the ARO is something I have learned to ignore over the years, the Zu DL 103 isn't miles off, but it's not quite right, the Lyras I used were "wrong" too, but it seems to make no real audible difference, despite the clear evidence of the theory. When I discovered that my misaligned Lyra sounded much better in the ARO than it did "perfectly" aligned in the Ekos, I decided there were other things to worry about in life!

2. Joe

Joe pfm Member

What is the cost of this now..and what is the turn round time?

3. Nic Robinson

Nic Robinson Moderator

Around £220 I think. Turnaround time measured in months not weeks. Worth the wait imo.

4. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

£250, and I think it will be about six weeks from leaving the house to coming back, sadly my backup cartridge is on loan to a friend, in Paris... its my original DL103 that I bought when I was having my Lyra rebuilt. I lent it to him whist he had his AT??? rebuilt, but the last time I asked (about two years ago) he was enjoying the Denon so much, he'd not got to the post office with his AT!

5. jandl100

jandl100 Box swapping classical fan

I've had quite a few Denon carts - a standard 103, 2 re-bodied 103 including the Zu, a 304 and an S1.

I did a comparative review for the new Hifi Pig webzine here