advertisement

Zu Audio Sole Superfly with Naim??

gary yeowell

pfm Member
Anyone any experience with Sole Superfly with Naim..... specifically Nait 2, Nait XS or UnitiQute. Any other dealers apart from Audio Counsel in the UK for Zu? would travel to hear them just prefer something little closer to London. I am intrigued by the Zu sound from what i've read and with the high sensitivity would think a Nait 2 would be magical, except maybe being a little noisy. Thoughts.....

The Soul Superfly is really meant to be driven with an amplifier with a rather high output impedance (low damping factor) - from what I've heard they are magical with lower powered tube amplification, less so with solid state if it has some grip (it'll sound dry and sterile). I heard them powered by a piece of Leben gear that had a 16 Ohm output). Some solid state does just fine, but generally they are designed to sing with tube gear.

I think a Naim driving a Zu Omen would get you where you want to be, though - there is a strong house sound and it generally is less detailed, a little beam-y (better than most horns, but worse than most regular speakers) much more single driver like with a slight boost with a supertweeter. THey have a new speaker that came out called "The Soul" with a Tannoy-like inline woofer/tweeter that may be a good choice.

FWIW. And also your mileage may vary - might be just what you are looking for.

When Dave first got the Zu range in, he had a customer that bought Druid speakers and was using a Nait 2 to great effect apparently.

Avonessence is your man on this forum for Zu, he maybe able to supply more insight.

Richard

advertisement

Back