advertisement

Zerostat static discharge onto you

Hi,

As the title asks, does anyone who uses one of these ever get a belt of static while pulling the trigger.

I used to think the thing never really charged up or worked but over the past couple of months I have had some real belts of static of mine.

Anyone had similar issues?

Cheers

John

Nope and I have two. Both smell of nice fresh mountain air (ozone / negative ions) when the trigger is released though.

It is possible that fluff is shorting the path from the base of the wire (where it is soldered onto the crystal tube) to the trigger. Try blowing hard into the gap behind the trigger. By its nature the device can attract fluff.

Isn't that 'ozone' bad for you ?

Never had a belt from the ones I have used.

Not in small quantities unless you are susceptible to it and get a headache. Some swimming pools use ozone instead of chlorine.

No I've never had had a belt from it and mines about 30 years old.

Cheers,

DV

Not too far off topic, hopefully, but a short while ago I had a problem with humming on my vinyl set up - turned out to be a problem with the home-brew PSU on my NAD PP2 phono amp - but I noticed that everytime I fired the Zerostat with a record on the platter, the hum got louder - left alone for a short while the hum subsided, only to pick up again if I fired the Zerostat at it again - puzzled me, how about you?
Dave.

advertisement

Back