advertisement

Zero Distortion: PTP Lenco and Nottingham Dais, Zyx 4D, SPU a95

bonzo75

horns, planars, tannoys
Why did people trade down from the TW Acustic Raven and Verdier to the PTP Lenco? Why did Salvatore use the Nantais Lenco as a reference for years? Why is PTP Art Dudley's favorite TT?

My first trip started with a visit to Geneva, where I heard the Nantais Lenco Mk2.

This was followed by a trip to rockhopper's, where we did points 1 to 4 below

1. Nottingham Dais – SME 3012 R with Ortofon SPU anniversary 95 and Graham Phantom with Hana SL
2. PTP Lenco with Moerch DP8, one wand having the Zyx 4D and the other with Benz LPS
3. PTP tweaks
4. Stein Carbon Signature mat which I bought after an AB at Munich
5. Will follow up with notes of Ortofon SPU a95 vs a85 in another system
6. Will follow up with SPU a95 compared on FR 64 and EAT tonearm (replica of Ortofon 309) in a third system
7. Will follow up with compare of PTP vs Schopper Thorens 124, in at least one other system

To sum up, I have begun ordering the PTP 12.

Details here http://zero-distortion.org/ptp-lenco-12-and-nottingham-dais/

I have been considering a PTP Solid9 as opposed to an Orbe SE at about the same price. I went for the Orbe because it is local. Don't make me regret my decision! :)

Ked -Bonzo75- travelled up from London to Scotland to hear my turntables, that is true dedication. Must have been worthwhile because he has ordered a PTP and NSC controller. The platter with the addition of the Tenato gunmetal mat adds so much micro detail with explosive dynamics. It was a purchase on a whim but I found it with the PTP platter a match made in heaven. The additional micro thin Stein Carbon Signature mat added a little more overall clarity. It also protects the vinyl.

I've got the circuit board and bits to make an NSC but not the time nor skill. Anyone know someone who would build it for me? Should really be asking this on LH I suppose!

Nic,

I was in the same boat as you and Stefan (Orangeart) put mine together for me. I doodled the layout I wanted and he did the rest!

I've got the circuit board and bits to make an NSC but not the time nor skill. Anyone know someone who would build it for me? Should really be asking this on LH I suppose!

Have a look in the LH market place section for a thread by

Ecosprog for a Nigel's speed controller

advertisement

Back