advertisement

Zero Distortion: Micro Seiki 8000, Koetsu, VDH, Thoress, YG Anat, Airtight

bonzo75

horns, planars, tannoys
http://zero-distortion.org/micro_seiki_8000_mkii_koetsu_colibri_thoress_airtight/

This will highlight the first exposure to Micro Seiki 8000 mkII with

1. Ikeda 407 (with VTA lifter) with VDH Stradivarius and FR 64s with the Koetsus. The VDH has a body with Hawaiian Koa Wood and an old Stradivari type of lacquer
  2. The above compared on Zingalis with Airtight ATM 211 monos and Airtight ATE 2001 pre, and the YG Anat II reference professional with yes, 1000 Euro Hypex Ncore 400 monos and the Plinius M16 pre
  3. Koetsu Black Gold Line, Urushi Sky Blue, and the Onyx Platinum with Rosewood headshell and titanium headshell compared on the FR 64s
  4. Also the Micro Seiki direct drive DQX 1000 with the standard MA500 arm and an Ortofon 2M Bronze cart
  5. Thoress phono vs the built in phono in the Airtight pre

Had a pair of Ncore nc400s running my pair of Kef Blades for a while. Ended up trying the nc500s to find the SNR improvements were noticeable (!) in the midrange onwards. Finally got a hold of NC1200s.

Had a pair of Ncore nc400s running my pair of Kef Blades for a while. Ended up trying the nc500s to find the SNR improvements were noticeable (!) in the midrange onwards.

Considering the nc400 has a SNR of 125 dB, and the nc500 135 dB (but buffer stage dependent), I am surprised either would be an issue with normal source material, unless your gain structure is way off.

advertisement

Back