advertisement

Zeppelin Mk1 can I add a streamer?

rubycat

pfm Member
Hi every one can you help.
I have a Mk1 Zeppelin and a Zeppelin mini, is there anything I can plug into either so I can access and wireless stream my music that is stored on a NAS drive.
I also have a ipad air if that is any help.
Is there any thing from Logitech that will do it.
Many thanks.

I'm looking to do a similar thing (but via a Meridian F80) and was thinking of going down the Rasperry pi route, but I noticed that Fox here was using a different small box self contained computer that acted as a streamer with something like volume software. It looked like a neat £50 solution, I'll try and remember the name, in fact if I do, I'll order one and see how it works out.

Hi

You could stream to an ipod or phone on the Zeppelin dock, an app called plug player will do this. I use it to stream to my ipod docks.

Cheers

Chris

Tons of ways to do this. Assuming they have an Aux input, all you need is an airport express.

You could them stream music from your ipad to the airport express, which connects to the aux input of any compatible device. I used to use one with an old ipod dock in my bedroom.

You can also get Bluetooth adapters - stream Bluetooth to any device with an audio in. I have one and it works well.

Tim

I'm looking to do a similar thing (but via a Meridian F80) and was thinking of going down the Rasperry pi route, but I noticed that Fox here was using a different small box self contained computer that acted as a streamer with something like volume software. It looked like a neat £50 solution, I'll try and remember the name, in fact if I do, I'll order one and see how it works out.

It was Cubox-i.

advertisement

Back