advertisement

Zavvi promo

Mine also now being delivered by Royal Mail despite originally getting a Hermes tracking number. Strange!

I got same as everyone else. Makes the chances of swapping very remote as everyone has the same LPs.
If anyone does want to offer a direct swap for...

Go - Dexter Gordon
Somethin' Else - Cannonball Adderley
Getz/Gilberto - João Gilberto and Stan Getz
Out To Lunch - Eric Dolphy

drop me a Message.

Happy to do on trust with any regular Pink Fisher. Free swap. We each pay own postage.

As I say. Probably a long shot in the circumstances.

Jonathan

Just had an email to say it's out of stock and would I like a refund!! This after ordering on the 27th then posting the offer on here!! What an utter shambles that company is....

Just had an email to say it's out of stock and would I like a refund!! This after ordering on the 27th then posting the offer on here!! What an utter shambles that company is....
I should look and see if I've got the same.

Hermes finally extracted the digit and delivered mine this afternoon, the usual 6 and all duplicates. Bum.
Mingus Ah Um (opened)
Money Jungle - Ellington (sealed)
Getz / Gilberto (sealed)
Go - Dexter Gordon (sealed)
Somethin' Else - Adderley (opened)
Out To Lunch! - Dolphy (sealed)
Does anyone have dupes from the first round for swaps? Especially Shorter or Blakey? Otherwise happy to pass on any of the above for the cost of postage.

BTW are Zavvi the most annoying outfit ever? My inbox is now plagued with "offers" for tat plastic toys and Star Wars merch. :mad: Time to unsubscibe!

I, living near Macclesfield UK, ordered this on Zavvi US for my son in New York.
It was $22 dollars delivered.
I followed the tracking today and was amazed to see it was sent from Zavvi in Altrincham, UK to his apartment in Brooklyn!

Mine also finally arrived today after setting an email saying they had been dispatched ten days ago and would be delivered on the 16th.
Same six as everybody else.
Not a lot of mystery.
The question is would anybody have another go next time the offers on?

Hermes finally extracted the digit and delivered mine this afternoon, the usual 6 and all duplicates. Bum.
Mingus Ah Um (opened)
Money Jungle - Ellington (sealed)
Getz / Gilberto (sealed)
Go - Dexter Gordon (sealed)
Somethin' Else - Adderley (opened)
Out To Lunch! - Dolphy (sealed)

I got Brubeck - Time Out instead of the Adderley - so not QUITE the same as everyone else..... just glad I didn't get two sets after all!

I got Brubeck - Time Out instead of the Adderley - so not QUITE the same as everyone else..... just glad I didn't get two sets after all!

Well, I got

Dinah Washington - In the Land of Hi Fi
Gene Ammons - The Soul Moods
Joe Pass - For Django
Gil Evans - Out of the Cool
Art Tatum & Ben Webster - The Album
Freddie Hubbard - Ready For Freddie

I’m kidding, of course. I got the same six as most folk. Not even Time Out - I really would have liked that, too.

I’ve decided to give my dupes to the owner of my local independent store. He’s been very good to me this year, ordering a couple of RSD releases specially for me and keeping them to one side. Also he has had a shitty time of it with both parents catching Covid and his dad dying as a result. I would have thought he could get a tenner for each record pretty easily.

Last edited:
A friend I alerted to this offer before it sold out just got his 6 LPs today. Shipped on Wednesday. He got a slightly different selection to the rest of us here:

Getz/Gilberto
Go
Sketches of Spain
Money Jungle
Ella and Louis
Out to Lunch

PS Offer is back on, £35 for 6 at the link in the first post. Not sure I'll risk it again as I'm building up duplicates like no one's business.

Likewise...not without confirmation of a different set.

If it was clear the early editions were gone and they were now shipping much later releases in the DeAgostini series I'd jump at £35 too. Still only £6 per LP. I can't face having a third Out To Lunch. It's borderline unlistenable as it is :)

Let us know what you get everyone who does dip a toe in again....

advertisement

Back