advertisement

Zavvi promo

A good deal if you have no jazzers but a lucky dip of say "Ten from the following selection" would appeal more as I feel most long term listeners will have at least four or five of the titles shown. Even so, five albums for £29.99 is still a bargain.

Someone pointed out on Facebook that all the titles shown were included in the Deagostini series and wondered if these are remainders being disposed of. I have no idea but I thought it was plausible.

Moi aussi!

i've got just a few of the early LPs in the DeAgo Jazz collection (Davis, Coltrane, Brubeck). They were probably the most popular in the series, so there's a good chance i'll get something completely different.

no worries. But for thirty quid, and having only a few jazz albums anyway, i'm happy to take a chance and enjoy whatever i get:D

In the main picture all look to be proper legit copies, i.e. have Blue Note, Verve etc branding, but in the second picture they show a pirate copy of Somethin’ Else. Potentially a bargain if they are *any* legit Blue Note, Verve etc titles, but personally I’d not pay £29 for a whole skip full of EU loophole pirates (DOL etc). I’ll be interested to know what actually turns up...

In the main picture all look to be proper legit copies, i.e. have Blue Note, Verve etc branding, but in the second picture they show a pirate copy of Somethin’ Else. Potentially a bargain if they are *any* legit Blue Note, Verve etc titles, but personally I’d not pay £29 for a whole skip full of EU loophole pirates (DOL etc). I’ll be interested to know what actually turns up...
The Ella & Louis in the pic appears to be on Wax Time. But I’ve gone for it anyway, pretty much for your reasons (hoping for four or five ‘proper’ ones.)

And thanks Claire for the postage code.

Basically if you get two proper ones you are pretty much ahead. I was actually tempted for shop stock, but I refuse to sell the pirate crap so don’t really want to order stuff I may end up chucking out!

Thanks david e (and claire)! Will be interesting to see how we get on - but at £3 each it appears to be a great bargain assuming they are listenable.

I’ll give it a go. I have a suggestion: if we get duplicates, why not band together and see if we would like to exchange dupes among each other in /classifieds?
That is a great idea. I reckon if they are De'Agostini then the more popular ones will be gone which means we may not have too many duplicates. Here's hoping anyway.

I can’t see why any of them would be ‘proper’, my guess is that they have a lot of new/old stock somewhere.

I have most of the titles on either vinyl or CD. Would like the Ella & Louis on vinyl but think I would rather pay for a nice copy.

Interested to what turns up & it is a decent starter set if you want to try some Jazz.

I’ll give it a go. I have a suggestion: if we get duplicates, why not band together and see if we would like to exchange dupes among each other in /classifieds?
I did think about going back for a second batch tonight, but the offer has been pulled/sold out/whatever. So now to sit back and wait for eight weeks...

y392qetl

advertisement

Back