advertisement

Zavfino tonearm cable

Iceman16

pfm Member
Hi all, Anyone had experienced or owned a Zavfino tonearm cable? Please share your thoughts. Thanks

@YNWOAN I purchased the Mahone cable, partly due to your recommendation here. It was the Cove that you suggested originally, but that was only available in 1.2 metre lengths, which was a tad too short, so after chatting to Hugo, I went for the Mahone, which is available at 1.5 meters. You may remember some issues I was having with the LP12/Kore/Audiomods, but to cut to the chase, everything is working as it should be now.

Thanks for the link to your review btw, you mentioned it in your response to my question, but I couldn't find it anywhere! I'm pleased with the Mahone; the dual ground option for the LP12, isn't available, as you mentioned, but it's easy enough to run a separate wire out from the chassis should it be required. I'm not directly comparing the Mahone to anything else (apart from the previous continuous Cardas loom that I had before), but my notes were pretty positive, and Hugo was very helpful over the telephone too.

I noted dark silence in between tracks and excellent pace rhythm and timing. Lyrics to the songs were easily discernible on those tracks that allowed it and I found that tonally, it was well balanced, and bass was tight with no overhang. I put on one of my oldest albums, Jimi Hendrix smash hits (mono) and it was nice to hear all those little details in the mix, with no undue emphasis on surface noise. I put on Sarathy Korwar’s – More arriving, much of which, isn’t in English, but despite that, you could still make out the words that the vocalist was singing (even if I didn’t know what they meant!). The albums that I put on that evening, featured quite heavily on drums and percussion and this is where the timing and detail came in their own.

You do need the right-angled option for the Linn though, because it’s not flexible enough to fold back on itself and the metal sleeve on the mini din plug is quite long.

Oh, the other thing is that the cable is beautifully packaged too; it inspires confidence in the product straight away!

WRT the problems I was having with the LP12, I sorted them eventually and I’ll update the thread, because my findings were interesting to say the least!

Another thank you from myself, Hugo gave me a nice deal on the highlands earlier today

my Tonearm already has a pure silver cable upgrade so seemed appropriate

advertisement

Back