advertisement

Zap250 boards, by Jon (zener)

steveinspain

pfm Member
A good few years ago I had my Naim 250 converted by Jon, aka zener into a zap250.
Later I fitted some Qudos boards and later still I sold the amp but still have (what I'm pretty sure) are the zap250 boards which ought to be sold on and used - does anyone have any idea what they are worth or even have any interest in buying them?
I'll try to post a picture of them later in case that helps..

For the life of me I can't remember what Zener did to the boards. I thought his changes were more around the PSU and earthing, and clearly I could be completely wrong...and not for the first time!

He didn't do anything. They are completely standard NAP250 boards of the hand drawn type.

Last pair through eBay went for £70 which is a bit cheap historically. I'd have thought slightly north of £100 is reasonable.

Thank you both for the help.
I may post a for sale thread soon but again, if anyone is interested in them then let me know!

Zener built the first ZAP250 for me, in fact I naimed it in his honour.
It's 2 x standard NAP250 boards, with the SOA removed. 2 x 250VA toroids and 2 x MiniCAP6 boards, and that's it.

Here it is, sorry about the Photobucket logo!
094.jpg

Zener built the first ZAP250 for me, in fact I naimed it in his honour.
It's 2 x standard NAP250 boards, with the SOA removed. 2 x 250VA toroids and 2 x MiniCAP6 boards, and that's it.

Here it is, sorry about the Photobucket logo!
094.jpg
Nice and neat, awesome.
If I may ask, do you get any hum from those transformers ?

advertisement

Back