advertisement

Yowzzers!

Gaius

pfm Member
Happy New Year All!

Check out the photo!

I took in the Goodman Maxim 2s today and popped them in for a test tonight.

What a hoot, I do like a stand mount; so much faster and here they remain, the stands are amazing, I don't know what they are, a prototype of some kind, good with Kans too.

Not the last word but a blinding speaker for buttons and quite engaging.

Good sources up top, Naim CDi and a Tangerine LP12. Nait 2 in the middle, I can't help think they'd like to spanked a little harder, I'm thinkin' 250.2.

http://s1013.photobucket.com/user/gaius1/media/imagejpg1_zpsb0b9b438.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Just a delight.

Now the Maxim2s are belting out Oh You Pretty Things and it ain't half bad!

Hunky Dory Y'all.

Decades ago when I had my speakers in for repair I hooked up a set of my dads JC Penny's music center speakers to my then system (The Source deck, Zeta arm, Koetsu, Musical Fidelity MVT preamp and Audio Research D70mk2 power amp). The results were very very good, albeit quite boxy and bandwidth limited. Certainly they sounded like never before.

And even earlier than that, I hooked up some Amstrad speakers (three way, bought for 79 quid new at Comet because of published specs) to my original Systemdek/Syrinx PU2/Ruby Karat, Lentek head amp, A&R A60E and for the first time heard dynamics and clarity through them. They were still pretty poor speakers though.

Another one of my 'stupid speaker tricks' was to run active Tukans with CDS1/52/Snax242/Supercap, 4xNAP135. Also beyond decent. As were passive Tukans with a 552/500!

Those stands look uncannily like my heavy-duty Target ones; if they are, you can fill that central pillar with shot (as I have) or even silver sand; makes 'em very, very stable - and heavy ! They should have spikes on, b.t.w. (or maybe they have....?)

advertisement

Back