advertisement

Youtube COPPA

allthingsanalog

pfm Member
Has anyone deleted their yt channel?

This new law requires creators to mark their videos as suitable for kids or not. If you do the former and Youtube find it's not suitable for any reason for kids then you could get fined around $42000 US but if you mark it for adults all the comments section gets disabled and if yt finds it was suitable for kids they can still fine you.

Confused?, most people are.

I didn't have many videos, which I've now deleted but I watch lots of other channels and can see many closing down early next year. I just don't have time for all this nonsense.

Video here explaining it.

Its been discussed on many of the computing, audio and music channels I watch (e.g. EEV Blog, Louis Rossmann, TPS, 8 Bit Guy, LGR etc) and the consensus is there is nothing to worry about unless your channel is specifically targeting or marketing to children.

Its been discussed on many of the computing, audio and music channels I watch (e.g. EEV Blog, Louis Rossmann, TPS, 8 Bit Guy, LGR etc) and the consensus is there is nothing to worry about unless your channel is specifically targeting or marketing to children.

You've almost listed all my subs!

Youtube hasn't yet asked me to go back and classify my old video, so I am keeping my channel.

I bought a domain name yesterday, I should sort out some hosting and a home page.

advertisement

Back