advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

The guy is quite entertaining and has such a deep knowledge of radios and TVs. I marvel at his diagnostic skills and thinking.

He has another channel exploring old mines out in Nevada, Arizona and California...they are entertaining too and he is obviously very knowledgeable about mines, mine workings, equipment and such like.

But, yeah the video is slow to get going I agree.
I bet he s a Wow at dinner parties ..... Sorry i m in a sarcastic mood !

I've been watching a series of televised lectures by Leonard Bernstein, 'The Unanswered Question' (1973). They must rank among the most pretentious things ever conceived, but at the same time there is so much to recommend. He attempts to draw parallels between music and language, in particular Chomsky's Linguistics, which didn't convince. Despite that, they end up being a portrait of Bernstein himself and you have to admit, even if his narcissism is too close to the surface, he's magnificent.

Can you spot the Leak pre-amp?

Will watch it later, but Daphne Oram actually played gigs with a Stereo 20 or Stereo 50 (hard to make out which from the pics):

6795372969_7505271296_c.jpg

(from the London Science Museum exhibition ages ago)

Then & now pictures from WW2 when the Allies invadaed Southern France. There is a part 2 which explains the pictures and is well worth a look too.

I watch far too many YouTube channels, some already mentioned, but mostly car ones. Some of the ones I like the most on the audio /technology side are Techmoan, VWestlife, Cheapaudioman, Steve Gutenberg Audiophiliac

Other car ones are South Main Auto, Auto Auction Rebuids, Puddin’s Fab Shop, Vice Grip Garage, Furious Driving, Hubnut, Rich Rebuilds, LR Time…and many more.

I’ve seen Harry’s Garage mentioned, nice chap, but the channel bores the do-dahs off me, sorry.

advertisement

Back