Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Your YouTube Adventures

Discussion in 'off topic' started by matthewr, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Only three men have gone over 23m...

2. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

From the same channel on Jan Zelezny's Javelin world record.

Weekender likes this.
  3. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Another quality Mac loop vid

4. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

Bob Godfrey, Ron Geesin and Bruce Lacey in one vid- blummen flip.

Hook likes this.
  5. matthewr

Driving a full sized push bike with a drone motor. Because, engineers.

6. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Videos like this are great as they highlight the extraordinary capabilities of human beings, even if some of the facts are wrong: Zelezny won gold at the 2001 Goodwill Games in Australia, not the Commonwealth Games as stated.

7. cutting42

cutting42 Arrived at B4 Hacker Erg \o/

From the Bad Obsession stable (Project Binky) the very different story of Revington TR

8. BillT

BillT pfm Member

This is good fun, if a little NSFW. UFO by rude guy.

9. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Watched a whole load in this series now, I don't really know what is going on but I like what he does and the results. His other videos are great as well, especially the self driving tug pulling him on the boat.

windhoek likes this.
  10. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Feelin' nearly faded as my jeans

Buccaaneer pilots used that effect to fly low under ships' radars.

11. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Whilst I've no doubt Bucc pilots used the ground effect, or any low flying plane for that matter, the focus here is solely ground effect vehicles- those that rely on it for lift and can't achieve full flight, Ekranoplan etc.

12. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Some excellent historic rally noises here if you're into that sort of thing, his channel is worth a sub as he goes to all sorts of cool events and closed track events.

13. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

14. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Sound up

15. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

The video below shows the macro movement in real time of the forces and their numbers during WWII. Text overlays at the bottom left note the occurrence of important events. The static map we see is pretty basic but hopefully we all know enough about Europe to know where the relevant countries and cities are once the graphics are in motion.

I suggest playing the video at 0.25 speed as some of the text overlays come and go quite quickly as there are understandably a lot of highlights to mention. Plus, the music at quarter speed sounds appropriately eerie considering millions and millions of people fought in combat and millions and millions of people died.

Sure, the video could be improved in places but I've honestly never seen anything quite like it before so it's definitely worth a watch as it is.

16. matt j

matt j pfm Member

17. matthewr

Techmoan is PFM's spirit animal.

18. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Frank sings to Ingrid and Cary gives her a hug:

RJohan and windhoek like this.
  19. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Robot gun dogs, coming to a cost of living riot near you soon