Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Your YouTube Adventures

Discussion in 'off topic' started by matthewr, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Hook

Hook Blackbeard's former bo'sun.

Have been listening to High Pulp over the last couple of days. Reminds me a bit of Snarky Puppy. They are both jazz “collectives”, but High Pulp adds a bit more electronic music. I enjoyed this session, and hope others do too.

vince rocker and Candylion like this.
  2. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

3. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

Watching old series of Taskmaster kept us almost sane during lockdown and this, a possible best ever moment, just popped up in my feed:

4. Aethelist

Aethelist pfm Member

5. matthewr

matthewr spɹɐʍʞɔɐq spɹoɔǝɹ ɹnoʎ sʎɐld

George Benson is a classic in the "I thought they were dead already?" celebratory genre. But no still going strong at 79 apparently.

6. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Whilst no Ron Carter, who somehow sneaks in and plays on half your record collection without you realising, George Benson is on a heck of a lot of very good albums (Discogs).

Tim Jones likes this.
  7. messengerman

messengerman pfm Member

That was brilliant thanks for posting that. Love 10 minute things that just get better and better. Works the audience like it was his favourite hobby too. Class.

Aethelist likes this.
  8. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

9. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

10. wow&flutter

wow&flutter pfm Member

I remember catching vids from this guy years ago but he I assumed he had disappeared (or electrocuted himself!) Anyway he popped up last night again on my YouTube link so I thought I’d share.

The Schneider tracks pretty well at high speed, better than some at 45rpm!
    Looks like I’m unable to link to it either by YouTube link or via url so just have to type in

“extreme speed record player”

It appears he likes audiophile fuses as well as some heavy duty cabling :D.

11. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

12. vince rocker

vince rocker pfm Member

It's looooooong, but watch to the end... (Sound on for full effect!)

narabdela likes this.
  13. unclefz

unclefz pfm Member

Excellent photography and editing - its not just about bikes so dont let that put you off - more about the scenery and the journey.

A really good watch IMO. About 39 minutes.

14. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

If you are not interested I ask only that you skip to 1min 20sec fore the end for Coogan's Kinnock:

PhilofCas likes this.
  15. Durmbo

Durmbo not French

Hmmm…

Two things there. One, the cat will soon hole the pool with its claws. I’ve seen this with plastic tunnel houses. Cats like to run up them, eventually shredding the polythene. But that’s the least of our worries here.

Two. Did you see how the cat had polystyrene balls stuck to its fur by static attraction, & at one point having some on its nose? Cats licking themselves clean, I think it highly likely some balls would be ingested as a result. I doubt this would do the cats health any favours.

All said, not recommended.

16. PhilofCas

PhilofCas pfm Member

Really good that, thank you.

Hook likes this.
  17. matthewr

The Guitar Never Stops : 2.5 hours of live Zappa guitar solos in one cut.

unclefz likes this.
  18. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

19. Weekender

Weekender pfm Member

20. matthewr