1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Your YouTube Adventures

Discussion in 'off topic' started by matthewr, Oct 16, 2018.

1. cutting42

cutting42 Arrived at B4 Hacker Erg \o/

I have been watching all the Super Six vids, he has an amazing “do it” approach with such simple tools and perseverance. Not to mention a natural engineering brain.

Dik Dolan, windhoek and roman like this.
  2. roman

roman pfm Member

I know nothing about motorbikes or engineering but I love this. Remarkably talented man. I hesitate to say he's wasted on his hobby, more that he has a lot to give, explains himself simply and well.

He'd be a wonderful teacher .

Dik Dolan likes this.
  3. cutting42

cutting42 Arrived at B4 Hacker Erg \o/

He mentions in one of his videos that he did an engineering apprenticeship and still works in engineering just as a manager now so his practical engineering is done at home for fun.

Dik Dolan and roman like this.
  4. roman

roman pfm Member

That's good.

I'm not judging him or planning his career, it's just that I value and admire people like that highly and wish they were everywhere solving problems, innovating and teaching the young (or old).

cutting42 and Dik Dolan like this.
  5. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK Waiting for the streetcar..

He's also a lot less shouty than other ace engineers Colin Furze and 'Look Mum No Computer!' Which is nice.

Dik Dolan likes this.
  6. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

If David Attenborough is the voice of nature then Allen Millyard must surely be the voice of Haynes Manuals. Seriously, can we get him to narrate some Haynes Manuals audiobooks???

Dik Dolan likes this.
  7. Dik Dolan

Dik Dolan pfm Member

Imagine if he were teamed up with Nik and Richard from Project Binky.
    Nik: I'll just make a bracket to hold the roof on.
    Richard: Good idea, I'll put the kettle on then wire up the 27 computers for the parking sensor.
    Allen: I've hacksawed the engine in half, I'll turn it into a v24 quadcam. 2 sugars please.

windhoek likes this.
  8. Seeker_UK

Back to bikes. 48-cylinder Kwacker, anyone?

I love the fact it has a single pot 'donkey engine' from a scooter to start it.

9. Dik Dolan

Dik Dolan pfm Member

That Kwack is nuts. How big would your pockets have to be to carry all the spare spark plugs. Could always tell the 2stroke Kawasaki boys in my old local because they clinked as they walked. They were always last to the next pub because they had to stop twice. Once for fuel, and once to swap to their least oily sparkplugs.=)

10. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Plinth for an LP12 anyone?

deanf likes this.
  11. Seeker_UK

Making a plinth for your LP 12 not time-consuming enough, how about making a guitar from lollipop sticks?

ff1d1l likes this.
  12. Mongeddavid

Mongeddavid pfm Member

Rana likes this.
  13. windhoek

windhoek The Phoolosopher

Finger Ninjas...

14. IanG

IanG pfm Member

Thanks for that - what a lot of toys he has in his workshop!

gavreid likes this.
  15. matt j

matt j pfm Member

Eye test trip to Barnard Castle

16. Seeker_UK

One for the Martin Hannett fans:

17. Seeker_UK

TIme for some Moot Booxlé

A very talented guy (so much so that Behringer has him demoing their gear now). He has the funk.

18. saturn9

saturn9 guitar mangler

19. Stunsworth

Stunsworth pfm Member

Excellent interview by two OGWT stalwarts with Graeme Thomson about his new biography of John Martyn...

20. juz400

juz400 pfm Member

As we`ve had a few Kwakers recently, Im sure there were 1 or 2 in this ;)