advertisement

Your secondary systems...

I only have one wife and one system, and struggle to find enough time to share between the two... You guys must be super-human.
Or retired, single, retired and single?
Retired and married to a wife who loves her music - sadly doesn't like mine:( hence the need for more than one system:D

Retired and married to a wife who loves her music - sadly doesn't like mine:( hence the need for more than one system:D
Same hear and with lockdown I’ve shut down my main system and listen in the ‘man cave’ (my son’s old bedroom ). 2nd system: Rega P6/exact, Musical Fidelity M1CDT with Arcam ir-dac, Fiio x5iii, Rogue Audio Sphinx, Edwards Audio Apprentice SP. I’m really happy with the sound (mostly P6) but do miss the main one!

Same hear and with lockdown I’ve shut down my main system and listen in the ‘man cave’ (my son’s old bedroom ). 2nd system: Rega P6/exact, Musical Fidelity M1CDT with Arcam ir-dac, Fiio x5iii, Rogue Audio Sphinx, Edwards Audio Apprentice SP. I’m really happy with the sound (mostly P6) but do miss the main one!
That sounds like a nice second system. Is the Rogue Audio class D?

Office listening....

Rotel RA-312 amp - just 18w, but they're really great w's
Sony-CDP311 - tenner on Gumtree. Bit beat-up but does what's asked of it
Ruark Epilogues - the original ones, still one of my favourite bookshelf speakers

Secondary system is NAC72/NAP135/PMC OB1
Third is probably my workspace, old Fostex Active monitors with old MOTU interface - used a fair bit to listen to audio related stuff i'm working on
Fourth is probably my son's setup, which is for sound design/foley work. That's Dynaudio BM5s with a Focal sub on the end of a mixer/focusrite interface

You do like your Touches.You have good taste.

Indeed, the discovery that the SBT sounded the same as the Linn DS (which I loved and is a brilliant system) - with the same DAC, released a lot of funds to spend on bringing music into just about every room in the house. We love music, so this was a great thing.

When I was in my hair shirt analogue phase if anyone had told me I'd have a digital multiroom system one day I'd have probably dropped dead on the spot...

Technics SL1210
Theta DS Pro Progeny DAC
Old DVD player as transport
Exposure III preamp
Exposure IV power amp
Royd Sorcerers on Something Solid SL24 stands

...the bedroom system. :)

They’re suppose£ to sound great.Heard about them.Good phono stage as we apparently.
Yes, mines the original and they’re up to the mark3 now. I’m one of the idiots waiting for the Onix Icon which, as long as I get it, I’ll add to this system for some ‘swapability’!

Yes, mines the original and they’re up to the mark3 now. I’m one of the idiots waiting for the Onix Icon which, as long as I get it, I’ll add to this system for some ‘swapability’!
Enjoy and I hope the Onix stuff comes to some positive conclusion.Strange times,

Study - Computer room at the moment.Speakers are Celestion Ditton 15 XR's and some more gear on the shelf :)

k4teet63aK0qHceREcabpSxonqDp3p8ZUdN6HziKhPcXqdD33ss-07-nHL98tPzMuXTItPV31rOXjMmaEZ75k6SzKx57Vi-grOpajgwnXrlZCUKdgEZc6dEU2yoQhc1pDoxBfANGSYvWXjPR0FqeEf8rbIcWFZRksjmXdatA760xs3h_RpdHjBqYR1wpsap7XKLo0DYfc_CgWTy8peBWyPk0cPqZp2XeTeC59QAxFFnICTXV8ykl64lbxNVgVlAzL8RNVuRpYJlxCTYLsuwrtLb_es2L_W6qPsxzQbKUiJAxUOf3skGzg0s9Fys6scBHn9baZ8hoJ4yXcaanbedKC4ELq3ozgL4B8k0SDISfYAXQ6UyBfL_Hcy6V4smLMdl-NfKhq7qs1FUlOFrQ6XJ9JtTMlr2bZ-BQmlDlKOpw4DwJffSQlYUw8DtJfkIxRu0roO7fWnetKyNGNRcqr6J8m1JmAgfxoK5ObBLIzu8CeU2NLz3wwIxcnXuWp-kHDKXmDzxhcJJotv6c_3p-2KTkwaK-3yar2xErbNyEO2mhKNINRDmwwbo-qYGGW0LEPok2zRqTEv_EBxzUQ933_lFvSekG9CYFgyhRUOgB1V3gH4FRHfr00a1vE7BYZOn-TgBq5l-FUQvyUVvUg1Lop5r5RzqhZ6wUvre2xdBry6P9gOqK74Ztr_-v9CbkiG1Fxw=w1228-h920-no
5oz-4xMdwCIlFN7iCsGFq1WyK0BMl7LG5ela1a0_3cXgJCa2Jm4DyAchR_shz2OeX-qzXlT6278ABirtOGQMWXwwKMFty8oUyMOZQLNIffKQX-tXTKw1NpRdBxXTI_TA5mLyOlW3IGl_9QZGPD-Pd6iigpMYNAP_x8YDYI3hgzqXjkduGHZ6VRKeyT7wzBjoj63bhJqE4MGQC5PfP0YPPqH33CXSMsFkwU6G6ZqvHb4VfinnfvcqefaHEraI05f29upGdhoGjiGHsI_w0pC6lejIM_qdk57NtAQ9eZK7OEsKuuJlzbG52mOcW2S3NdPGqUPvKwHDjkmpqd9tIqSbA292BXl7cRqNcUPS1iVQtXdpHkVPyBTS2HQyQoI1Oaaen6OD76SqEv5NmlADlgYTngtANtPCpqoGkDQtwunpbCuS4Kp3MrQaALy6V6mfkac9hJBzGstIExevGa9AbZe6wyPOUBMsY0rpn2foUe7DDSquaakenrvNh0tBzX5QKnFBZZ05UuMbYJ2oLNEhq5y5HP5gFAJMqPLGkhPTFADIm0Na5BbqJb-v0zejRylk8dFtPWHgXjRSg5KjPuffzksePB7FnHGNnOb2UzpFwEdj57tzy7TqfeKqSwydscaRj1v7EKrFtJnQT9H3GcaK3ioULJvIvZTCFKEWUonHMgfFu5qiVjO5g87ATRihdDtnKw=w1228-h920-no

Office system is Audio Engine A2+ speakers and REL T-Zero sub, fed by Tidal and YouTube. Really enjoyable.

TV system is el cheapo DAC, Cambridge 350 amp, and old basic Sony speakers. Can be surprisingly capable.

The N-Sats sound a lot better at condo bedroom level than my previous Totem Arro's actually. Happy with the switch.

advertisement

Back