advertisement

Your road to audio serenity

Early Shahinian Hawks (old Super Elf config) with DV amps and a PT turntable/Helius Orion MK1 with Nordost cables. And a new dedicated listening room! I'm pretty much done, although I do miss my old WT Reference. The room was probably the biggest upgrade and I can finally play at any volume I like...

Pocket, got any pics of those Hawks? Always wanted to try them, but probably not going to unless a good used pair ever show up, but then different amps and all will be next, so....

Pocket, got any pics of those Hawks? Always wanted to try them, but probably not going to unless a good used pair ever show up, but then different amps and all will be next, so....
I'll sort one out this evening. They aren't the current config though - today's mid and HF units are omni-directional. Mine are apparently how they originally were, probably 25+ years ago, with a pair of Super Elves atop a pair of Hawk Subs. I bought them off a chap on this forum a few years ago - best hifi purchase ever!

Audio Serenity (good name for an audio brand!) came for me within the last couple of years when I got off the Naim treadmill and found that you can have better sounding hifi for less money in fewer boxes.

Love this one minute test on youtube. Every time I take the system apart it confims, objectivity, that I put it back together properly.

PS and my Avondale MSX power supply delights me in more ways than just bringing the phono cards in my NAC102 to life. I’m too lazy to switch everything off and whoever built it was empathetic enough to remove the slighted trace of angst by not installing a power switch.

PPS the 20 year warranty on my PMCs isn’t transferable. At my age that’s the audio equivalent of a happy marriage.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back