advertisement

Your language gentlemen

Bemused

What's this all about then?
Your language gentlemen, is quite honestly confusing to the newbies like myself :confused:
NCC200, STARFISH, 321, 729, FLEAS, BUFFALOS etc
What are they, what do they do ?
Its a case of if you know it commen sense, but if you dont :mad:
Well it spoils the read of the thread.
Are there others like me who would appreciate a cross referance to real word descriptions ?

Tony
________
HEADSHOP

Sorry, in oredr to sort this out you need to hang around a bit and do some reading of threads. TBH unless you already know a lot about electronics this is a good thing before you pick up a soldering iron.

NCC200 - a PCB used in or based on a Naim power amp (I think)
Starfish - a preamp developed by contriutors here, a PCB is/was available and a number of people have made very nice preamps with it. So named 'cos it has star earthing and it's from Pink*Fish*.
321/729 I think are Naim PCBs, not sure what they do.
Flea is a small regulated PSU. See also TeddyReg.
Buffalo - dunno.

Buffalo is a diy DAC module from Twisted Pear Audio, based on the state-of-the-art chip from ESS. It has received mainly very positive reviews.

I'm pretty new here myself. There's a wealth of knowledge, these BBS's of today are pretty robust. Here people have been very helpful. I have yet to hear someone say RTFM.

Cheers,
M

321 and 729 are specific circuit boards (pretty much all of the active circuit) that fit in a Naim Nac 32, 32.5 or 72 pre-amp. You can run these pre-amps without the 729 cards even, though the benefit of doing so is far from universal ;-)

Firstly I would like to apologise should I have caused offence to any members, whilst the thread was obviously a little tongue in cheek as per the title I intended it to help both myself and others of similar imposition. The search can not place you to the link or essence of the project as well as a member with truly organic knowledge of this site.

Thanks for the great links Carl,
I trust others may find them as an interesting read as I will.

Tony
________
SHOWER WIFE

advertisement

Back