advertisement

Your interesting pictures

"I have a fair idea Matthew, right now it does not do a terrific amount fast but what it does do is stunning beyond belief"

Erm, huh? FWIW It does similar things to Phase ONE.

"I thank you for the traditional Vuk replay regarding taking pictures, my only wish in a new camera is the ability to have larger images to play with (typically I get all arty on their arses) and quicker read write times"

*shrugs* I was trying to help. If you can only take pictures you don't like you don't need a new camera but, hey ho, do waht you like.

"if you had ever picked an E10 up you might get where I am coming from"

I have used an e-10 on a number of occasions.

Matthew

Ian

The woman in the 'tourists' pictures looks very happy at you taking her picture. Did she beat you up afterwards?

Madeira/Northern Coast

madeira_northern_coast.jpg

Matthew I have not seen capture one, but I assume Aperture is trying to gain that kind of market, the bit between the camera and the output. Aperture is different to capture one in that it uses core graphics, this applies any changes in real time and is 'live' any changes are therefore non destructive in real time, you could for instance apply sharpening and brightness, then remove the sharpness, keeping the brightness. I am not explaining well, but what I can confirm is that it needs a beefy graphics card as most of this task is chucked to the card and right now at version one its apparently a bit wiffy. I think professional photographers who right now are using Bridge or Capture One are a bit pissed that RAW conversion seems flaky and that workflow in Aperture ties you in completely, i.e. exporting your images is difficult and it keeps all of them in package which is not easily accessible. A quick shufty round the apple discussions board on Aperture will give you an idea of the high running feelings right now.

More Japan here:

051104yamanashi023pbase1fs.jpg

051104yamanashi073pbase7wn.jpg

Nikon D100 NEFs downsized in PS and Imageready.

I got my D200 yesterday (preordered a month ago) Interesting so far, seems a little soft compared to the D100, but I haven't figured out all the custom options yet. I'm still finding more of them in the menus. The LCD screen is HUGE.

A couple from our summer hols - Comments welcome as im always learning :)

tower.jpg

duomo.jpg

arno.jpg

And a local folly, B7W conversion in PS.

blaise-castle2.jpg

Nodrog, proof if it were needed that if you have something to shoot you are part way there!

Penance, those are really fantastic ! Is the night shot Venice ?

I could look at everybodies Japan fotos for hours. I'd really love to see more of those.

Thanks, SSB, those are superb. Japan is a dream destination for us. One day, etc.

Love those Japan shots! Sun wandering through mist has always been a favourite of mine :).

I didn't think anyone else went anywhere like Sapa! Went there a couple of years ago - you may be pleased to hear it's still untouched! Very uninteresting photo below, taken with the CrappyCam as we call it, but I like (was amazed!) by the colours of the Flower Mong...

sapa.jpg

As for depth of field, it's quite possible to get a fairly serious one with a digital - the total width of the image below is about 2cm - it's a heatsink, by the way :) (and brand new - look at the fluff already on it! :eek: ).

sink.jpg

I took a photo of my finger with this lens & can see where some people get paranoid about the cleanliness, or lack thereof, of their hands from...

garyi - RAW files - it's worth the effort trying to get something working with them! Biggest advantage I've found is that when using RAW, you can pay less attention to the tedious additional technical load there is with digital cameras & just deal with it later, particularly the light temperature stuff, especially if your software allows you to set the grey point (feels like cheating it's so easy...). You also have the option to completely screw the temperature up & create interesting 'effects' (handy when using dull images for design work, at least!).
ben.jpg

bor said:
Penance, those are really fantastic ! Is the night shot Venice ?

I could look at everybodies Japan fotos for hours. I'd really love to see more of those.

Thanks Bor, The night shot is from a bridge over the river Arno in Pisa.

I like the last one. Very reminiscent of the Borg at Wolf 359.

Joe

Come on Joe, coff up.

I have some more which I will post tomorrow with my spanky new D50.

I have been overly harsh on the lens with this new camera. In context I think a lot of the issues I was having was due to the fact we have not had any sunlight since I purchased it. Well the sun was out today so I took a wander down to Salisbury.

Gary,
Come on Joe, coff up.
I would upload a recent pic or two, but I don't have Web space and I believe Tony's disabled the upload pic option so I can't upload here directly.

Joe

advertisement

Back