advertisement

Your connexion to this site is not private....

Hosting companies can dislike https because of the extra cpu load. I often get hijack attempts on Google news links by advertising malware, but not on PFM

Just to be clear on this, my op was not especially about pfm. I get the warning on loads of sites and it's clearly an Android thing. I don't think I've ever knowingly had any problems which were down to pfm, either on my Android Nexus or ancient Windows or Linux kit. I'm sorry if my op gave a contrary impression. The title I used is simply the warning note you get if you click on the (I) symbol in the Android browser.

I use an inadequate laptop displaying on a nice big external lcd panel, a thoroughly obsolete version of Windows with an ancient version of Firefox (it'll still support html5 if anybody actually used it properly), and my only issues are with modern bloatcode shiny sites or those mucked up to chase the shiny new browsers. I am interested in the content, not the latest ephemeral bells'n'whistles, accordingly I ignore the shinies. Style is not a substitute for content. The simple text-centric nature of pfm suits me and my system perfectly. As for 'phones, I have no idea nor do I intend to find out.

I echo Tony above, I cannot recall issues caused by pfm.

advertisement

Back