advertisement

Your chance to own a 1982 classic

D-type

pfm Member
Going under the hammer at Wotton under Edge Auction on Wednesday. There is not a mark on the whole ensemble.

lot1249-0.jpg

You'd be amazed at the prices that B&O "crap" fetches on eBay.

If you bid up to 50 quid you can't go wrong.

It does come complete with cables and remote!

I must point out I have absolutely no interest in this Lot. I'm just amazed that it has survived in such good condition.

Ah, a Beosystem 2400 unless I'm very much mistaken - very nice. The Beogram is a decent enough deck and the Beomaster tuner/amp is very good with a very fine tuner section.

The real 'sleeper' of the lot is actually the cassette deck, assuming it's a Beocord 2400 - I had one of these and, when properly set up, its sound quality was astonishingly good.

As to value and assuming it all works, I reckon Beogram - £50-£80, Beomaster £80-£120 and Beocord about £10 (sadly!). The cabinet isn't often seen and is probably worth upwards of £50 on its own.

That's my observations anyway, but apologies for interrupting the thread. Normal "It's B&O therefore it's crap" service may now resume....:rolleyes:

Yes normal service is now resumed. The table underneath would look good with a nice amp on it. The cabinet also looks solid and useful.

That stuff in it though. uuuurch. Upsets my sensibilities as a hi fi enthusiast :)

Regardless of whether anything is perceived as being any good or otherwise - I find it's nice to see older equipment in good cosmetic condition, even better if it's functioning of course. There's a place in history for everything..

Never had B&O audio but did have a couple of TV's over the years always admired their clean and elegant aesthetics.

John R.

Always lusted after B&O stuff in the mid to late seventies when there was not a cat in hells chance of being able to afford it. Often used to see it for sale in a shop window somewhere on Deansgate in Manchester as I walked to the Building College......how times change, I suppose not many would it it house room today which is probably a shame because I bet it sounds pretty good.

Hello?? Why are you guys helping the guy push his stuff? The thread shouldn't even be here, the least you can do is try not to help him?

I am not trying to push any stuff. I simply noticed it for sale, in remarkable original condition, in the auction room at Wotton. I have no connection!

I have no connection!

It is a little suspicious. Your very first post is to promote this sale and you know it comes with cables and a remote.

And this isn't the sale section. People trying to push sales often post details in more populated sections of forums, claiming ignorance when corrected.

So if this isn't why you joined the forum we can look forward to many varied and interesting contributions in future? :0)

advertisement

Back