advertisement

Your CD player history...

Pioneer something or other
Arcam Alpha 8
Linn Karik III - Numerik
Meridian 200 - 203/263
Naim CD3.5 - Flatcap

Sony CDP 313; cheap as chips & still working passed onto my son.
Arcam CD7 SE didn't really get on with it - sold on.

Marantz CD63 mk 2 Ki sig transport changed - still works in second system.

Best of bunch: Marantz CD73. Appalling build, quality with flimsy pcb's, but plays best sounding music of the crop by far to my ears.

Philips CD105
Arcam Delta 70.2
Naim CDX
Naim CDS2
A couple of cheaper ones (Sony/NAD if I remember correctly).
Tag McLaren CDT20R

Does anyone read other folks lists with any interest, or are these threads just an opportunity for each of us to reminisce?

Philips CD104
Arcam Alpha
Linn Karik (still have in second system as it can be a bit picky about what it will and won't play
Rega Saturn

...and that's it

Philips CD105
Arcam Delta 70.2
Naim CDX
Naim CDS2
A couple of cheaper ones (Sony/NAD if I remember correctly).
Tag McLaren CDT20R

Does anyone read other folks lists with any interest, or are these threads just an opportunity for each of us to reminisce?

I actually read with interest. Sometimes you get a sense of how someone has progressed through the hobby. Sometimes you see equipment that you haven't heard of. Sometimes you just notice that folks are all over the place in what they choose. This last point provides great perspective to all the this is better than that discussions. Take a look at the turntable list in another thread. All you can say for sure is people like turntables. Beyond that, it's a crap shoot.

Technics
Marantz 63 kis
Rega Planet
Rega Jupiter / Io

Thinking of getting Rega Apollo R and Rega Dac combo soon for flexibility with iTunes library. I wonder how it compares to Jupiter/Io...?

Philips portable cd player ('80-'90)

Technics slpg 420 ('90-1997)

Arcam Alpha 7 (1997-currently)

Naim CDX (currently)

Yamaha something when cd was new!
Marantz 63se still got it and dust it off now and then.
Rega planet Cyrus 6 Rega Saturn nice player Naim cd5x 2008 and still happy

advertisement

Back