advertisement

Young DAC setup and Playback software

VinBob

pfm Member
Hi All,

Finally got my Young plugged in last night and very impressed with some short initial listening. I wanted to get some recommendations from the experts out there as to which sound driver would be best on Windows 7 usng JRiver. I believe the Young manual seems to suggest Kernel Streaming but I read somewhere that "WASAPI Event Style" was best for Windows 7.

Also, I noticed that the audio level output is great when listening to SPDIF Co-Axial input from my CD player but when I switch to USB, I need to turn the volume up from say 9pm to 10pm on the dial. Is this normal with USB or do I need to change a setting somewhere to adjust/accomodate.

Appreciate the help in advance!

Cheers,
Vin.

Within JRiver, click on "volume options" and make sure you have selected "volume disabled". This, in combination with WASAPI output, should give you bit-perfect delivery.

To be sure, go to Control Panel / Sound (with the USB device in question connected) and double click the device which should take you a multi-tabbed "properties" dialogue. Levels, right down (which will prove that the control isn't "in circuit"). Enhancements - click "disable all". Advanced - select highest possible default format and select the two "exclusive mode" options.

That's it really.

Within JRiver, click on "volume options" and make sure you have selected "volume disabled". This, in combination with WASAPI output, should give you bit-perfect delivery.

To be sure, go to Control Panel / Sound (with the USB device in question connected) and double click the device which should take you a multi-tabbed "properties" dialogue. Levels, right down (which will prove that the control isn't "in circuit"). Enhancements - click "disable all". Advanced - select highest possible default format and select the two "exclusive mode" options.

That's it really.

Thanks Plutox - will give that a try over the weekend!

advertisement

Back