advertisement

Young blood brass band.........

snowflake

Former Albino Ape
Go and see them..........

Saw them at Womad last year, again in York earlier this year and an hour or two back in York again.

They have a myspace thing going on..........

http://www.myspace.com/youngbloodbrass

The track "brooklyn" is a fave of mine, the sousa playing is something else...............

They are coming to a town near you in the next few weeks......

Try em :)

S

I'll second that!

My brother talked my into going along to check them out when playing in the club he manages a while back. Who could resist lending an ear to a brass hip hop band with 3 mc's?

Great stuff and well worth getting along to.

I've copies of center:level:roar and unlearn which I think I may just have to give a listen now.

aswell as the tracks on myspace, there's MOre at http://www.youngbloodbrassband.com

MO!

You had to be talked into going along :)

I have those albums also, along with the live one........

If you want to do the boys a favour buy the new one, but from a shop that doesn't have it in, so they order it - they were complaining about how crap their distributors are!

The front man also has a band on the go called "cougar", I bought the LP blind, have not yet listened to it.....

I'm not sure if he saw the humour in my comment that I'd take vinyl over CD as it would be worth more when he was dead:)

Two nations divided by a common language, as the saying goes....

S

[Edit to say ta MO! - your response reminded me to drop a post on ZG as well]

Try "Centre, level, Roar" or "live places" or the new album "is that a riot"

The first two are early and the last one is their most recent offering.

Live places has most of the tracks of center level roar, except live!

Play 247 have live places and is that a riot.

Go On, I dare you :)

S

Snowflake - I want to thank you. I gave the MP3s on their website a try, and now have a couple of CDs winging their way to me from dear old Blighted^Z^Zy. Good stuff. The sousa playing is, as you say, something to behold.

advertisement

Back