advertisement

"You didn't win this auction"

hairyderriere

pfm Member
Don't I know it! Drat. Would have made a nice 40yr-old birthday present to myself.

I thought £343.43 was a decent punt on a Decca IV FFSS C4E - clearly not! Sigh. The search continues...

:^(

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I have a boxed (actually a little jewellery case that Decca did) Decca London Gold which has had the (late) Garrott brothers magic worked on the stylus tip. I even have the original purchase receipt plus the report sheet, signed by the Garrott brothers, with spec and suggested tracking weight. It has only had about 30 hours use. I wonder what it might be worth.

I even bought a Decca London Int. arm thinking it would be a good match, mounted it on the TD 125 MK ll I inherited. It turns out there are better arms that can cope with the very low compliance of the Decca's.

I heard a Decca London, I think with Garrott modifications, work very nicely in the utra-solid SEAC arm, with ceramic headshell.

I have a mint original Decca London and it would be very interesting to A/B compare it with the Garrott Bros modified version. The Syrinx PU2 with its additional mass ring is a great arm for the low compliance Decca. As you may have read here, I use a TD125 as well.

I admit to having been wary of the Decca / London scene for some time. But I think that curiosity is geting the better of me...

advertisement

Back